• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frontier Airlines Partners up with Wilderness Society

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
This thread has been in Colorado for a bit, but we really need more help. Read the press release below. Please send letters, e-mail and bombard Frontier Airline's Facebook page. Stick to the facts, do NOT attack anyone.
If you attack someone, Frontier will delete your post. Simply let them know you think their decision is a bad decision and that you will no longer fly with Frontier Airlines because of it. If anyone of you do fly with Frontier and happen to use their miles program, when you write them please give them your number. This way they will know you are for real.

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/frontierairlines/posts/185263688187239

Remember they are deleting posts, so keep it clean, civil and be respectful or you will just get deleted or banned from their page. We really need to show them the kind of numbers snowmobillers are.

Thanks
:director:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Frontier-Airlines-Partners-Wilderness-Society

April 12, 2011 12:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Frontier Airlines Partners With The Wilderness Society

Commits to protect wilderness and connect people with wild places

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In further support of the communities in which it flies, Frontier Airlines is pleased to announce a partnership with The Wilderness Society, a leading public-lands conservation organization working to protect wilderness and inspire Americans to care for our wild places. Frontier Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET), will serve as the official airline of The Wilderness Society and support its ongoing efforts to protect America’s great places.

“Frontier is more than an airline with animals on its tails, we are a Company with an intense passion for the communities we serve and a real responsibility to help protect the incredible wilderness habitats our guests travel to each and every day and in which our ‘spokesanimals’ call home”

Frontier’s partnership with The Wilderness Society will support wilderness and wildlife protection in communities across the United States, including areas within the White River National Forest region of Colorado, the San Gabriel Mountains in California, and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, among others.

“Frontier is more than an airline with animals on its tails, we are a Company with an intense passion for the communities we serve and a real responsibility to help protect the incredible wilderness habitats our guests travel to each and every day and in which our ‘spokesanimals’ call home,” said Bryan Bedford, chairman, president and CEO of Frontier Airlines. “We are so pleased to work together with The Wilderness Society in their effort to protect the nation’s wilderness and inspire people to connect with these great places.”

“The partnership between Frontier Airlines and The Wilderness Society enables people to experience first-hand nature’s treasures,” said William H. Meadows, president of The Wilderness Society. “Together we can protect the places we love by connecting people to iconic American landscapes that sustain Frontier’s ‘spokesanimals’.”

Frontier Airlines and The Wilderness Society will be celebrating America’s wilderness through the my wilderness campaign. An interactive campaign launching on April 18, my wilderness asks individuals to share their favorite stories of experiences in their own wilderness – from hiking in a national park, fishing on a favorite river, camping with friends or simply throwing a ball with their daughter in a neighborhood park. With my wilderness, people can participate in contests to visit wild locales, watch videos featuring wild places of the month, get outdoors tips and learn more about the places they love.

Frontier will support The Wilderness Society through financial contributions, creative fundraising efforts and employee volunteerism. For more information, please visit FrontierAirlines.com and wilderness.org.

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET), an airline holding company that also owns Chautauqua Airlines, Lynx Aviation, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America. Currently in its 17th year of operations, Frontier employs more than 5,500 aviation professionals and operates more than 550 daily flights from its hubs at Denver International Airport and Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport. Frontier offers routes to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Mexico and Costa Rica.

For more in-depth information on Frontier Airlines and to book tickets, please visit its website at FrontierAirlines.com.

About The Wilderness Society

The Wilderness Society is the leading public-lands conservation organization working to protect wilderness and inspire Americans to care for our wild places. Founded in 1935, and now with more than 500,000 members and supporters, TWS has led the effort to permanently protect 110 million acres of wilderness and to ensure sound management of our shared national lands. To learn more, please visit wilderness.org.

Contacts

Frontier Contact:
Lindsey Purves, 720-374-4560
media@flyfrontier.com
or
The Wilderness Society:
Jennifer Stephens, 206-605-2411
JStephens@TWSNW.ORG

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
we are interested

Bump, really no interest in this? No wonder we are losing land left and right.

read your post and i looked up The Wilderness Society. They dont stand out as anti motorized like the rest. I couldnt find them on the list of people against motorized in Yellowstone. I havent found any info linking them to the other non-motorized greenies yet.

Not saying that they are OK either. I agree that we have to hold these companies accountable for there alliances.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
See our SAWS thread in Land Use. We brought this issue to all of our members attention immediately after their press release.

And by the way, for those that don't think so, TWS IS anti-motorized. They support more wilderness - we can't ride in designated wilderness. Enough said.

Thanks. I put this out here because not enough people go to the land use area, honestly I am as guilty as the rest.

This is a big deal with such a large company jumping on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Bump, really no interest in this? No wonder we are losing land left and right.

read your post and i looked up The Wilderness Society. They dont stand out as anti motorized like the rest. I couldnt find them on the list of people against motorized in Yellowstone. I havent found any info linking them to the other non-motorized greenies yet.

Not saying that they are OK either. I agree that we have to hold these companies accountable for there alliances.

They are VERY anti-motorized. We are battling them all over Colorado right now. They justify wilderness and closures in motorized areas with total BS animal and protection purposes. They use the Lynx as their justification all over Colorado and the Lynx hasn't been able to thrive on it's own. It needs help from humans to live. Point is that they will use whatever BS propaganda to push out motorized users.

Conservation groups back Polis wilderness plan for Eagle, Summit counties CO

For those in denial, this article confirms our SAWS News email concern regarding “Frontier Airlines Partners With The Wilderness Society”.

Have the "barf bag" close by as you read the article...:(

http://coloradoindependent.com/85480/conservation-groups-back-polis-wilderness-plan-for-eagle-summit-counties

Conservation groups back Polis wilderness plan for Eagle, Summit countiesBy David O. Williams | 04.23.11 | 9:46 am

Environmental groups Friday praised the renewed efforts of U.S. Rep. Jared Polis, D-Boulder, to protect more than 160,000 acres of public lands in Eagle and Summit counties as either wilderness or special management areas.

The Wilderness Society, Colorado Environmental Coalition, Wilderness Workshop and Colorado Mountain Club – backers of the original Hidden Gems wilderness proposal – issued a statement of support after Polis on Friday announced plans to reintroduce his Eagle and Summit County Wilderness Preservation Act.

Polis first introduced the bill late last session only to see it fizzle in the lead-up to midterm elections. Still, his goal was to get the language on the record and start building political support for compromise legislation derived from months of negotiations with various user groups. The bill includes a significantly scaled-back portion of Hidden Gems, which proposed more than 300,000 acres of new wilderness in Eagle, Summit, Gunnison and Pitkin counties.

“Congressman Polis has worked hard to gather citizen input and craft a wilderness proposal that reflects the desires and needs of his district,” Steve Smith, assistant director of The Wilderness Society in Colorado, said in a release. “He has created a proposal that deserves to be moved through Congress with bipartisan support.”

Polis, who announced the reintroduction on Earth Day at the state capitol in Denver, did not include Hidden Gems lands in Gunnison and Pitkin counties because they’re outside of his 2nd Congressional District. Conservationists remain hopeful they can see those lands included in a bill by 3rd Congressional District Congressman Scott Tipton, R-Cortez. Both Gunnison and Pitkin counties have voted in favor of increasing wilderness locally.

Polis is optimistic that even with Republican control of the U.S. House his bill can be included in some larger wilderness proposal or as part of an omnibus lands bill. He said it should be viewed as legislation that supports the state’s $10 billion outdoor recreation industry and therefore enjoys wide-ranging bipartisan support.

“Preserving our natural resources strengthens the economic resources that support Colorado jobs,” Polis said. “We also ensure that generations of Coloradans can enjoy these special places for fun, adventure or just enjoying the peace of the outdoors. That’s why this bill, which is the product of months of consensus building, enjoys such broad support.”

Outdoor photographer John Fielder and adventurer Aron Ralston, along with conservation groups and state and local politicians, joined Polis for Friday’s announcement.

“Only 5 percent of Colorado’s 66 million acres is legally designated wilderness,” said Fielder. “It’s simply not enough for a state whose economy is so dependent upon the integrity of its ecology. Wilderness protection makes people healthy, wealthy, and happy from an economy that is sustained by clean air and water, parks and trails, cobalt blue skies, and wilderness.”

Polis cut more than 80,000 acres from the nearly 245,000 acres of public lands in Eagle and Summit counties first proposed for wilderness protection under Hidden Gems, which generated heated controversy over the last several years, particularly from off-road motorized vehicles advocates. Eliminating some of the more contentious areas of the plan considerably cooled the rhetoric, but now Polis faces a steeper uphill climb in the GOP-controlled House.

Tipton and other Republican members of Colorado’s congressional delegations have been questioning U.S. Bureau of Land Management plans to begin protecting appropriate BLM lands under the Interior Department’s “Wild Lands” policy. They decry limitations on motorized vehicle travel and road building that would curtail mining and oil and gas drilling.

However, the Polis bill has considerable local support, including from both the Eagle and Summit County boards of commissioners. Vail Town Council member Kerry Donovan spoke Friday at the capitol.

“My family has a strong history with wilderness,” Donovan said. “From my grandfather shaping and defining wilderness boundaries because of his beliefs in the power of meeting nature on its own terms, to my parents introducing sustainability and recycling – it is this legacy that inspires me to be a part of this legislation. To add these proposed parcels to the existing wilderness completes a project started a lifetime ago.”

The bill would expand the Holy Cross and Eagles Nest wilderness areas, which surround Vail.

“We’re in the tourism business and people come to the mountains to experience the natural beauty of Colorado, so it only makes sense that we preserve the scenic, wild areas near Vail for posterity,” Vail Town Council member and former Vail Resorts president Andy Daly said. “Polis’ bill captures what we hope to achieve to protect our community’s best interest.”

Conservation groups and Hidden Gems backers cited the protection of areas like Castle Peak north of Eagle, Red Table Mountain between Gypsum and the Fryingpan River and Spraddle Creek just outside Vail.

Last edited:
S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Most of these areas do not meet the definition of wilderness as defined by the Wilderness Act of 1964. These groups have come up with their own definition. They have tricked most people into believing that roadless areas are areas without any roads, when in reality it is an area without maintained roads (as in a grader).
One of the best things to do is to educate users on the effects of a wilderness designation and what alternatives are available.

Premium Features