• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Air shocks on an M7. I know nothing

R

rsamsel

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 21, 2011
Hello-

Have a new to me 05 M7. Love it. 162 track. better boards. Van Epps tunnel. big wheels. etc

It has fox float airs on the front. Are those stock? I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the adjustment for them. There is an air zerk and it is written 150psi on the shock.

Can anyone direct me on some info or provide me tips on adjustment/setup etc?

Thank you,
Rob

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If it is the orange colored limited model then they were stock on the front. If your machine is green or black/red then someone added them. I like 65-70psi on the M7 front end, but I'm a bigger rider and I feel like the sled balances on one ski better when the pressure is a little higher. 150psi is just the max the shock can handle. Anywhere near 100psi they will hardly move. It's best to set the air pressure at the temperature you'll be riding at without any weight on the ski. I roll my sleds over on their side in the snow on the mountain when I check or adjust pressures.

At that stage in life any shock should be rebuilt if it hasn't been done recently. At the minimum you should remove the shocks and do the following once a year:
1. Let all of the air out of the schrader valve.
2. Unscrew the air sleeve (black section with the decals) by hand or with a strap wrench and slide it all the way off the end of the shock body (grey part).
3. Clean all of the water, gunk, and old lubricant out of the seals with a rag.
4. Re-lube seals with Fox FLOAT Fluid.
5. Re-install air sleeve, dump in 5cc of FLOAT Fluid before screwing the sleeve back up into the endcap, and tighten sleeve hand tight.
6. Re-install shock on sled.
This procedure keeps the air seals clean and lubricated. They get sticky over time and small bump compliance will suffer as a result.

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
Hello-

Have a new to me 05 M7. Love it. 162 track. better boards. Van Epps tunnel. big wheels. etc

It has fox float airs on the front. Are those stock? I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the adjustment for them. There is an air zerk and it is written 150psi on the shock.

Can anyone direct me on some info or provide me tips on adjustment/setup etc?

Thank you,
Rob
The limited edition/ orange came with air shocks . 65to70 psi if stock can 3 to 5lbs heavier on the right side . Just adjust till you like and ride

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Premium Features