• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fouled Plug? Sure, why not. Let's take a look.....

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
No I'm just gonna talk down to it and make it feel like a worthless piece of ****.

then I'm gonna have my Kirby reassure it.

then the Miele is gonna go on the front porch for a time out and will be vacnapped by the garbage man.

Wow.... Maybe you shoulda just taken the $1200 you spent on the vacuum and bought something useful.

Or bailed another of your buddies out of jail. Sounds like you have been busy in the last 12 hours.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Wow.... Maybe you shoulda just taken the $1200 you spent on the vacuum and bought something useful.

Or bailed another of your buddies out of jail. Sounds like you have been busy in the last 12 hours.

trust me I paid nothing for the Miele. 1200 dollars are you kidding me? THAT'S 3 VACATIONS!!!!!

$1200, is that how much you spent on your Miele?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Screenshot2011-12-18at120449PM.png

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
SRM the vacuum salesman appeared at the door of an old lady's cottage and, without allowing the woman to speak, rushed into the living room and threw a large bag of dirt all over her clean carpet. He said, "If this new vacuum doesn't pick up every bit of dirt then I'll eat all the dirt."

The woman, who by this time was losing her patience, said, "Sir, if I had enough money to buy that thing, I would have paid my electricity bill before they cut it off. Now, what would you prefer, a spoon or a knife and fork?"

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Yup. i know, it's a POS and I got ripped off blah blah blah.

uhm... actually, I was just asking. I heard they go for $800+ so I was just curious what you spent.

oh and the r2d2 canister set up is he worst choice. with a hose, you loose cubic feet of airflow per minute.

do you have a canister or an upright?

and a yes you did get ripped off. it's doing nothing more than a dyson. and a dyson does nothing more than a $100 vacuum. sorry.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
SRM the vacuum salesman appeared at the door of an old lady's cottage and, without allowing the woman to speak, rushed into the living room and threw a large bag of dirt all over her clean carpet. He said, "If this new vacuum doesn't pick up every bit of dirt then I'll eat all the dirt."

The woman, who by this time was losing her patience, said, "Sir, if I had enough money to buy that thing, I would have paid my electricity bill before they cut it off. Now, what would you prefer, a spoon or a knife and fork?"

Lol those are the type of vacuum salesmen I myself would fatten their lip.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Your theory on canisters is out to lunch tho. I never run the vacuum much past the half setting for suction.... it pulls hard enough that the power head becomes difficult to move. I really don't know why anyone would need more airflow. It's a vacuum not a top fuel dragster..... when frost forms on the inlet you know you have some serious airflow. Lol

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
They are well marketed. But still crap.

yeah they're well marketed, on tv commercials etc. with that, the guy at the top is making all the money, while the people selling his product are making an hourly wage, or a small commission. and maybe the manager of best buy gets a small portion of his salary from dyson.

uh oh.... what's that sounding like? a PYRAMID SCHEME?????? no thanks.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
yeah they're well marketed, on tv commercials etc. with that, the guy at the top is making all the money, while the people selling his product are making an hourly wage, or a small commission. and maybe the manager of best buy gets a small portion of his salary from dyson.

uh oh.... what's that sounding like? a PYRAMID SCHEME?????? no thanks.

Sounds like a business owner, some employees, free enterprise....

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Your theory on canisters is out to lunch tho. I never run the vacuum much past the half setting for suction.... it pulls hard enough that the power head becomes difficult to move. I really don't know why anyone would need more airflow. It's a vacuum not a top fuel dragster..... when frost forms on the inlet you know you have some serious airflow. Lol

it takes a minimum of 100 cubic feet of airflow to get all the sand and grit out of your carpet.

the average grain of sand has about 7 different cutting edges on it.

that sand and grit is what destroys the carpet, costing the average home owner to spend $2500-$5000 to re carpet a home.

so yes you want enough air flow to get all the sand and grit of your carpet.

with a hose and the ribs, t restricts airflow. then you only have that small opening on the bottom of the power head. so you have all that open space with only 10-15% being the hole where the suction comes from.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
yeah, a garden hose, and hoses for motors and high flow applications yes.

a vacuum hose is ribbed for flexibility and to help prevent kinking.

Maybe on a Dyson. :lalala:

Face it, there are pros and cons to uprights and canisters.

And to every manufacturer's design. Non are perfect. And amazingly they will continue to improve them each and every year.

Now hurry off to your New Kirby Salesdude Orientation handbook and come up with some more useless sale propaganda... I already have a vacuum, it works great, and I also have important things to do, like taking my kids skating. Laters......

Premium Features