• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ford v10 to tune or leave stock?

RexFlex23

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2010
Minnesota
I know there are a few on these boards that are running Ford v10's as their tow vehicle. I have a 2008 3v v10 with 4.10 gears, Crew cab short box with 74K miles on it. It's my daily driver in the winter only otherwise I have a car for commuting. My question is how many people with the v10 are running a tune? I see on other Ford forums that 5 Star Tuning get's a lot of attention. We are flat-landers in MN so it's a haul out west and I notice I'm right on the cusp between 4th and 5th gear quite a bit, ie we set the cruise at 70-75 and it will downshift to 4th pretty quickly as we get towards the western edge of NB or the Dakotas. If you goose the pedal just a bit it will shift back into 5th and hold it. Love the truck and motor just curious if anyone has done a tune that would keep it in "OD" more often than not which would help with mpg, even if it's only 1-2 :face-icon-small-hap We pull a R&R 27' inline triple axle aluminum trailer with 3-4 long tracks but trailer GVW is 5K lbs so. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast which is ok with me, just curious.

wardy

Premium Member
Jun 7, 2008
Central point Oregon
Five star will build you custom tunes for your needs.
I have their tuner with 5 tunes, y-pipe and flowmaster, reall wakes the v-10 up
The shift points and pressures can be adjusted to your needs.
Mileage also went up 2 mpg running around town have gotten as high as 15 on the hwy. I have 3:73 gears 33 inch tires.
You won't be disappointed with 5 star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features