• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fix for hard throttle pull??

soul!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
vancouver island
IMO i think one turn is to much in most cases
it might be ok if no oil delete but if you do it with oil delete the tension is almost non existent and way to light

what i did was go a quater turn
the way to do this easily is to get a long machine screw that goes through the top coverplate of the carb on the side where the spring is, you want it to go through about quarter to half inch

when you undue the spring it slides back and gets hung up on that screw and the tension is so much better but still safe

i also have oil delete on this sled
on my other sled i dont have oil delete and this mod still works nice
you dont have to dissasemble anything just put the longer machine screw threw and look at spring and release the tension back to that area

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I will try the quarter turn and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the tip. I also plan on an oil delete, but not until after the season.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I know Deaner a bit, and unless you are Randy Fn' Couture...stay at home and enjoy your remaining years.

Thanks for the warning Pee Wee. I have 4 sons, all over 220 lbs, that say the same thing ( and one has two tours, special training in the army ) and I havent had trouble yet. ( And yes, I can do push ups on my thumbs ):face-icon-small-coo

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
can anyone point me in the right direction, i have not had the carbs or boots off yet and am not sure of all the plumbing... but wanna try a 1/4 turn off and see if it helps!
thanks,
P

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
IMO i think one turn is to much in most cases
it might be ok if no oil delete but if you do it with oil delete the tension is almost non existent and way to light

what i did was go a quater turn
the way to do this easily is to get a long machine screw that goes through the top coverplate of the carb on the side where the spring is, you want it to go through about quarter to half inch

when you undue the spring it slides back and gets hung up on that screw and the tension is so much better but still safe

i also have oil delete on this sled
on my other sled i dont have oil delete and this mod still works nice
you dont have to dissasemble anything just put the longer machine screw threw and look at spring and release the tension back to that area

Did this mod help your control or feel n the trees and in delicate areas. Maybe even trenching or ski lift. Not saying it will stop it, just more controlable. It almost feels like a cam in there, alittle, then too much?? Hard for me to explain.

soul!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
vancouver island
just way more progressive all the way across much easier
another thing that helps is to loosen the throttle lever bracket slightly so you can position it around to get optimum grip when sitting or standing and get your thumb in best possible strength orientation arrangement

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Flip the flipper. Use your finger instead of your thumb. You won't like it at first, but give it a good 2 hours of riding and you'll wonder why they ever had it the other way. Seriously!!! The best mod I have ever done to my sled. Way more control in the trees and off the jumps. You can set it up for 2 fingers at first then drop it to one once you are used to it. Just my .02. Also x2 on the oil delete.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
at Canadian Tire you can purchase a thing called throttle assist. I've seen some women who have it on their sleds.... I don't though, mine is fine.

Thanks for the tip. Its not that it is hard to do, that is the problem. It also seems that it comes on a little and then alot. ( like there is a progressive cam in there ) I want a fine touch that is also easy, so I can easily control the speed of the engine in any situation. There is also times I find during a jump or bump, that I hit the throttle harder because I am using alot of my hand strength on the flipper rather than the grip. ( hard to explain )

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Flip the flipper. Use your finger instead of your thumb. You won't like it at first, but give it a good 2 hours of riding and you'll wonder why they ever had it the other way. Seriously!!! The best mod I have ever done to my sled. Way more control in the trees and off the jumps. You can set it up for 2 fingers at first then drop it to one once you are used to it. Just my .02. Also x2 on the oil delete.

I use my finger when I am sidehilling to the right and do find it better. Thanks for the tip. Will try it.

Premium Features