• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride today

C
Dec 24, 2014
Exciting reports gentleman. If you don't mind me asking. What weight are you running in the primary? I know it calls for 10-62 weights, but have read that some have said that they had to run 10-60's to achieve the rpm they wanted. I have a 163 with the 2.6. Will probably be a month before I get it out and was just curious. Thanks and have fun!!

I run the 10-12k set up with 10-60 weights because that is where I ride. GM might be a little lower than that but my normal riding areas are above 10k.

Hopefully the big storm tomorrow materializes. looks like up to a couple more feet in the mtns.

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
Looks like there was a lot more snow on Red Mt. than there was on Molas last weekend. Went up to Molas to check it out and there wasn't even enough snow to take the sled off the trailer. Should have kept driving north I guess.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Looks like there was a lot more snow on Red Mt. than there was on Molas last weekend. Went up to Molas to check it out and there wasn't even enough snow to take the sled off the trailer. Should have kept driving north I guess.

I think Red had well more than double what fell on Molas. I still had to be very selective on Red. It needs a couple more storms.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Sick powder today! 10 inches at home this morning after six inches yesterday morning. Up the mountain there was nearly 2 feet on the road, which had been plowed yesterday. There was 3 plus feet of fresh Colorado Powder.

I went out myself because everybody was working (suckers). Made it a short ride and left a bunch for a trip with the guys.

Freaking Axys is SWEET! Instantaneous lift does seem to work. Gas it good and the whole sled lifts out of the snow. Changing direction is only a matter of thinking about it with this sled and it holds it line very well even with a bombed out 3' deep trench to follow back down the road.

It was deep, needs to set up a little, like maybe overnight and I will check it tomorrow again LOL

Everything went pretty good this time out. Motor is awesome though I did have powder bog a few times. The screens get covered up quick. I also had a lot of snow sticking in the throttle not letting it go back to idle. Probably the same as the old Pro though.

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Seems like my free time came on the wrong weekend. With the forecast calling for more snow this is the weekend to head over to your neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I thought I read somewhere oil didn't need to be added to the first tank due to the electric oil pump automatically adding more oil. that and the extra oil in the gas really dosnt do much mixed for break in being direct injected right to the dome and spent right out the ex port it never sees anything else

C
Dec 24, 2014
I thought I read somewhere oil didn't need to be added to the first tank due to the electric oil pump automatically adding more oil. that and the extra oil in the gas really dosnt do much mixed for break in being direct injected right to the dome and spent right out the ex port it never sees anything else

Mostly correct, yes. There is still a tag on the gas tank telling you to mix it 40:1 for the first tank. Dealer pdi is supposed to include purging oil lines so it is a little pointless, and is just too freaking fat with oil!

Fortunately I am past that, the sled is AWESOME

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Looks pretty sweet! Do you have the 2.6 track?

I've been wondering how the 2.6" compares to 3" on the snow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

C
Dec 24, 2014
Looks pretty sweet! Do you have the 2.6 track?

I've been wondering how the 2.6" compares to 3" on the snow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would imagine that the 3" is pretty sweet. The 2.6 got me a lot further than I think the 2.4 on the Pro would have. It really does lift itself up on the snow. Pinned it would float along and pick up pretty good speed. I rode alone yesterday so no comparisons yet.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Nice!!!
I put my 163x3 through the paces Monday.
Total game changer from the pro.
Wick the flipper and its on top of the snow gaining speed.
Looks like you could have used a 3" ;)

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Sick powder today! 10 inches at home this morning after six inches yesterday morning. Up the mountain there was nearly 2 feet on the road, which had been plowed yesterday. There was 3 plus feet of fresh Colorado Powder.

I went out myself because everybody was working (suckers). Made it a short ride and left a bunch for a trip with the guys.

Freaking Axys is SWEET! Instantaneous lift does seem to work. Gas it good and the whole sled lifts out of the snow. Changing direction is only a matter of thinking about it with this sled and it holds it line very well even with a bombed out 3' deep trench to follow back down the road.

It was deep, needs to set up a little, like maybe overnight and I will check it tomorrow again LOL

Everything went pretty good this time out. Motor is awesome though I did have powder bog a few times. The screens get covered up quick. I also had a lot of snow sticking in the throttle not letting it go back to idle. Probably the same as the old Pro though.

How did the 2.6 do in that deep of snow?

C
Dec 24, 2014
Nice!!!
I put my 163x3 through the paces Monday.
Total game changer from the pro.
Wick the flipper and its on top of the snow gaining speed.
Looks like you could have used a 3" ;)

I had a coupon from Polaris towards a new sled. They wouldn't let me use it on a snow check, had to be an in season. 163x3 is what I had my eye on. I have been doing fine with 155's for years so I stuck with it.

It was some bottomless blower powder... More track, more power? BOTH for a day like that!

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Rode mine this weekend as well and can second your handling observations. Really balances well on one ski where the old chassis wanted to stay planted on hard snow. We were at 9k and it would only pull 8000 rpm but I think that is just break in mode.

One question for you, COPowder, did you notice a drag or breaking feel that was greater than the old sleds when you let off the throttle? Mine is a 2.6 163 and I noticed this was worse, almost felt like a 4 stroke.

Absolutely loved it though, can't wait for more snow.

I noticed the same thing on my first ride.
My track was way tight, loosened it up a bit and it felt better on the second ride. Probably have to tighten it up a bit again when she stretches out after break in.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I noticed the same thing on my first ride.
My track was way tight, loosened it up a bit and it felt better on the second ride. Probably have to tighten it up a bit again when she stretches out after break in.

Mine was set towards the looser end of the adjustment. Now with 50 miles on the sled it is right at 3/4" with ten pounds on. I will probably snug it up a little after this next ride.

Premium Features