• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FINALLY: Satellite Communications, FIVE DOLLARS A MONTH!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

£159/ €179/ $149

Buy now
Motorola-Defy-Satellite-Link-Retail_Hero.png

motorola defy satellite link​

DEFY LIMITS
No mobile coverage? No problem. Switch to satellite!
Upgrade your smartphone into a satellite-enabled messenger with the motorola defy satellite link, a Bluetooth accessory that unlocks a whole new world of affordable always-on connectivity.

Complete your essential kit​

Whether work or play takes you to a remote location, you're experiencing signal blackspots or are just tired of inconsistent reception, the motorola defy satellite link is a must-pack accessory.
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_01.jpg

Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_02.jpg

A reliable lifeline​

You wouldn't drive without car insurance or go on overseas adventures without travel insurance. Through its superior connectivity, the motorola defy satellite link gives you an added layer of safety and a reliable SOS emergency button in case of a critical situation.

Put anxious minds at ease​

You may be a confident and experienced explorer, but it can be easy to forget how the people back home feel when you're venturing into the wilderness. Simply press the check-in button and share your coordinates or send a text message to your loved ones, giving them peace of mind while you do your thing.
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_03.jpg

Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_05.jpg

Peace of mind​

If you live, work, and play on the fringes of coverage, our constellation of satellites has your back.

True two-way messaging​

Bullitt Satellite Messenger is the only direct-to-satellite app that meets the mobile industry's rigorous 3GPP standards.
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_06.jpg

Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_07.jpg

Location sharing​

Our satellite SOS service puts a reliable lifeline in your pocket, wherever you roam and whatever goes wrong.

Features​

MDSL-Location-Sharing.png

Location Sharing​

Check in, share your location and send messages from remote places where you'd normally hunt for hours to get one bar of signal.
MDSL-Attachment.png

Attach to your bag or belt​

Carry this lightweight, compact accessory on your backpack or belt and you'll ensure peace of mind for you, your friends, colleagues and loved ones.
MDSL-SOS.png

SOS Assist​

The motorola defy satellite link gives you an added layer of safety and a reliable SOS emergency button in case of a critical situation
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_11.jpg

Defy dust​

Reliable, rugged, and ready for anything, the drop-proof motorola defy satellite link keeps out sand, dust, and water.
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_12.jpg

Defy water​

It not only meets military-grade MIL-STD-810H standards, it exceeds them.
Motorola-defy-satellite-link_Etailer_images_13.jpg

Defy impact​

Drop-tested onto steel from 2 meters, this tough accessory works and plays as hard as you do.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Simple, affordable subscription plans​

Essential.png

ESSENTIAL​

Up to 30 messages per month, 12 months
True two-way messaging – send and receive text messages and location via satellite
SOS assist included paid monthly
Overage bolt-ons available subject to minimum subscription period

$0.00 per month for 12 months

$4.99 per month after 12 months

EVERYDAY​

Up to 80 messages per month, 12 months
True two-way messaging – send and receive text messages and location via satellite

$9.99 $4.99 per month for 12 months​

$9.99 per month after 12 months
Everyday.png

Premium.png

PREMIUM​

Up to 300 messages per month, 12 months

$29.99 $24.99 per month for 12 months​

$29.99 per month after 12 months

FREEDOM​

UP TO 250 Messages per year,
one-off – no contract

$59.99 per year​

Freedom-1.png

Satellite Coverage for the United States of America​

Satellite_Coverage-Map_V19_US-1-1024x683.png

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
MDSL-Duo.png

DESIGN:​

Dimensions: 85 x 62 x 11. 2mm
Weight: 70g
Physical Keys: Power key, SOS key and Check In

RUGGED CREDENTIALS:​

Ingress Protection: Ingress Protection (IP68)
Drop tested on to steel
Waterproof: Up to 1.5m for 30min
MIL SPEC 810H: Resistant to vibration: Category 4. Resistant to humidity and salt mist
Thermal shock: handles low to high temperature differences between -30°C (-22°F) to 55°C (131°F) for up to 24 hours1

BATTERY​

Capacity: 600 mAh
Charger: USB Charging
Type: Non-removable Lithium polymer
Battery Life: Up to 5 full days

OTHER:​

Positioning: GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou
Audio: Buzzer
Lanyard: Pre-attached
Support: Check In and trigger SOS without phone connection
*System Requirements: Must be running iOS 14 or later/ Android 11 or later

CONNECTIVITY:​

Chipset: MediaTek MT6825 NTN
Satellite Enabled:
Advanced two-way satellite messaging
Location sharing
SOS assistance3
Bands/ Network: Satellite 23/255/256
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1
SIM: eSIM
Location.png

True Two-Way Messaging​

If you can’t connect to your phone network, simply open Bullitt Satellite Messenger, connect to a satellite in moments and send your message.
Attach.png

Attach to your bag or belt​

Store this lightweight, compact accessory in your pocket, backpack, glovebox or attach it to your bag or belt and you’ll ensure peace of mind for you, your friends, colleagues and loved ones.
SOS-1.png

SOS Assist​

The motorola defy satellite link gives you an added layer of safety and a reliable SOS emergency button in case of a critical situation.
Dust_02-1024x619.png

Defy dust
Reliable, rugged, and ready for anything, the drop-proof motorola defy satellite link keeps out sand, dust, and water.
Water_02-1024x618.png

Defy water
Fully waterproof for up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes; it not only meets military-grade MIL-STD-810H standards, it exceeds them.
Impact_02-1024x618.png

Defy impact
Drop-tested onto steel from 2 metres, this tough accessory works and plays as hard as you do.

C

Chern_889

Nov 30, 2007
SK, Canada
I looked in the Motorola website but couldn’t find an answer, so I’m guessing not, but does it do breadcrumb tracking like the SPOT does? Too bad if it doesn’t!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I use SPOT and an old Garmin GPS MAP 62. I haven't completely bought into carrying my phone everywhere, or even that something more than a flip phone is needed, but I am getting closer to seeing it as a tool to carry. I did go to a BT Tech GMRS PRO and might carry my phone and leave the radio in my pack. This new communicator may be the tipping point to carry my phone.

What I heard was the 911 service is the same as SPOT. For the ground link to the local 911, I expect it to be well vetted by SPOT. I will trust it. (The add on service raises some questions. See Avalanche Safety topic, thread Garmin inReach SOS: What REALLY Happens (And What Might Not))

There is no breadcrumb (per Christopher, its coming) BUT you can location share with an icon option adding it to your check in message. This would seem to be a custom message so it is charged. There isn't a mention I found about pre recorded check-ins automatically carrying location.

For your own use, phone based map apps generally breadcrumb. Is that shareable on, say, CalTopo or CoTrex? I don't use SPOT breadcrumbs. If someone needs to locate me, they will have to figure out how to get themselves to last point of contact. If I remember to check in thru the day, there are hints.

I did not hear that a 911 message goes to your check-in list. it does on SPOT. I would think your check-in list would like to know you had to hit 911.

I am stuck with SPOT for the year but expect to change over price issues. In the meantime, I will encourage family members who carry their phone any way to look hard at this.

Premium Features