• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eye glasses and sledding, suggestions?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I wear glasses and I am wondering what other sledders do for fogged lenses, carry cases, spare pair, wear them under goggles? Any info or glasses suggestions appreciated. Thanks for reading.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
That's was the main reason I got contact lenses in the first place. I the beginning I wore 1day disposable. Put them in on the weekend to get used to them.
Now I wear them all the time, but have to carry reading glasses with me all the time. We are about the same age so I expect you are wearing bifocals.

I wear contacts to see at distance then have reading glasses in my backpack if I need to work on something.
Good luck. As you already know glasses are tough.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Used baby oil to coat lenses so they don't fog. baby oil in the eye doesn't hurt so much.

If they do fog get them wet and warm so to see.

I eventually saved up and did eye laser ... now I am 20/15 past 10 years

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Not sure if that's an option for you, because not everyone can wear them - but I wear contacts pretty exclusively. They are so much better and more comfortable than they were years ago. I have glasses too, but never use for outdoors stuff. I "believe" they may have bi-focal contacts too? If you would need those.

Edit: yes they do. That said, I tried some torik (weighted) lenses years ago, to correct for my astigmatism (in addition to near-sightedness), and the discomfort and price increase was not worth the slight vision improvement. Not sure if the bi-vocals would have similar trade-offs to standard contacts.

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Contacts for sleddin' and dirt bikin'.

3 types of glasses (everywhere, shop, stylish and sexy) for everything else.

You'll understand more as you get older.

Premium Features