• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

External Mic for GoPro while Sledding

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Question.

Anyone have any GOOD experience to share with using an External Microphone with a GoPro while Sledding?
Trying to increase the over all quality of the sound portion of the recording while on the mountain.

Need to deal with WIND NOISE, SNOW accumulation, Connection to the Camera (Snow and Water Infiltration), and an In-Helmet Mic to pick up Voice.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Anything you attach to the 9/10 is going to compromise waterproofing since have to use media mod with 9/10, then plug in external to that.. I have one but haven't tried it for sledding, only for vlogging. It works pretty well but I'm not sure if it's much better than the built in honestly. I've been using HD9/10 on my helmet dirt biking and I just yell really loud to pick up my voice then correct in post. ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Anything you attach to the 9/10 is going to compromise waterproofing since have to use media mod with 9/10, then plug in external to that.. I have one but haven't tried it for sledding, only for vlogging. It works pretty well but I'm not sure if it's much better than the built in honestly. I've been using HD9/10 on my helmet dirt biking and I just yell really loud to pick up my voice then correct in post. ;)
Ya
I have NOT found any solution to potential water intrusion as yet.
The built in mics aren't horrible
But I would guess we could bring the over all audio quality UP quite a bit with a good aftermarket Microphone like a Rhode.

mtsunstrum

Premium Member
May 29, 2016
Check out KONNECT Backcountry Headphone. It is an in-helmet audio solution that is in beta testing now.
Will handle your smartphone and 2-way radios, and includes integrated GoPro microphone interface.
GoPro record your voice, 2-way radio conversation, ....
www.konnectadventure.com

If interested in beta testing let us know. Have a few in Rigby area who are interested.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Check out KONNECT Backcountry Headphone. It is an in-helmet audio solution that is in beta testing now.
Will handle your smartphone and 2-way radios, and includes integrated GoPro microphone interface.
GoPro record your voice, 2-way radio conversation, ....
www.konnectadventure.com

If interested in beta testing let us know. Have a few in Rigby area who are interested.
Appears to be FOR SALE right now on AMAZON??

Amazon product ASIN B07LFMCF16

I use the chin vent mount on my Klim F5. This really helps get clear voice recording. When I’m editing the video, I set the EQ to “enhanced voice” during speaking parts. My voice sounds too deep, muffled, not enough trebble without it. It sounds OK if I’m shouting a bit while riding. This doesn’t happen when I record with my iPhone. The voice comes through much clearer. I made a video showing my GoPro set up. Check it out. It might help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I use the chin vent mount on my Klim F5. This really helps get clear voice recording. When I’m editing the video, I set the EQ to “enhanced voice” during speaking parts. My voice sounds too deep, muffled, not enough trebble without it. It sounds OK if I’m shouting a bit while riding. This doesn’t happen when I record with my iPhone. The voice comes through much clearer. I made a video showing my GoPro set up. Check it out. It might help you out!
Same setup I am using

Premium Features