• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust temp sensor

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I've replaced these on earlier models by splicing the wires since I used the GM part number.
I didn't do that this time around because I didn't want to cut anything. How in the world do you un-clip this thing? It's tucked perfectly behind the coolant bottle and up against the front of the fuel tank. Any tips or tricks? It looks like you have to remove the fuel tank to gain proper access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
the gm sensor has the same end and the stock cat from 12 up so no need to cut anything. plug and play

I guess I should have clarified, that maybe the one I got was was from years back, but the last one I did was on an 07 M8. I made the assumption in my mind it would be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I removed my hood and clipped a few cable ties and was able to pull it up a bit and un clip it :)

I thought of doing the same for a little more room. Glad it worked, I will probably do the same.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Yeah after I snipped a zip tie, things loosened enough to get my fingers on it. As usual I was making it more of a challenge than it was.

Premium Features