• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo 3 16g turbo

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Yup, lots... I built my own kit using this turbo. CPI also uses the same one for their REV turbo kits.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Cpi used them on the 900 cats as well. I am running one on a 04 900 cat, works great, but like stated, need the high pressure oil pump, and run an oil gauge to make sure you always have oil pressure to the turbo. If you loose oil pressure and don't know it, you;ll toast your turbo right away.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Snowmanx, are you using the CPI graylor pump? I'm looking for a new oil pump that doesnt put a drain on my electrical system.

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
Oil pressure

How much pressure does this turbo need? I've got one too and I really like it, but was concerned with the oil pump as well.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If you loose oil pressure and don't know it, you;ll toast your turbo right away.

if your running a Garret yes, but a Mits no. I wouldnt recomend not running with oil pressure, but it wont burn up that fast. I have taken down oil pumps and not realized it. Also.. road it into town with no pressure 4-5 miles. No ill affects to the Mits...

Premium Features