• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7 S Display Aux power key on issue

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
I have a 7 S display on my sled, when key to aux power with battery connected the display doesn't illuminate. I took my friends hood off his sled (7S display) and put it in my set up. His display work on both Aux power and when the sled is running.

What could be the issue? Is it a time delay in my settings delaying the display to come on when sled is tuned on but not running?

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
2 obvious things to check. 1. is your display plugged in? (connecter under the hood that you have to disconnect to remove the hood). 2. does it have a battery and is it charged? not all sleds equipped with 7s have a battery....

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
2 obvious things to check. 1. is your display plugged in? (connecter under the hood that you have to disconnect to remove the hood). 2. does it have a battery and is it charged? not all sleds equipped with 7s have a battery....
Yes,

I used a friends sled who has a 7s also, his powers up on my sled with in aux mode and when sleds running. Could this be a software issue or is there a setting in the display?

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
Yes,

I used a friends sled who has a 7s also, his powers up on my sled with in aux mode and when sleds running. Could this be a software issue or is there a setting in the display?
I would double check all your connections. including the battery harness, the connecter under the hood and also the connections in the back of the 7s (in the glove box). I installed 2 7s on my sleds and the only time what you're describing happened was when i removed the hood and forgot to connect the wiring harness.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
does your display illuminate when the sled is running?
I had one the died. was completely dead, would not come on at all

Premium Features