• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

e-start stopped working

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Did a quick search on this and came up with nothing so maybe someone has some experience with this and can help me out.

I changed the chaincase oil on my 2012 summit X on friday before my ride. It has the E-start on it so you have to pull the battery and mounting bracket in order to get the chaincase cover off. I changed the oil and reinstalled the battery with all connections re-connected. After this, the E-start doesn't work.

The start/reverse button Is clearly still working as once I pull start the sled, it goes into reverse no problem. I’m wondering how this could have stopped working just by removing the battery for ½ hour.

Does anyone else have experience with this problem? I’m not THAT lazy that I can’t stand to pull start my sled but that being said, it’s very annoying having to open the RH panel EVERY time I need to start the sled. And let’s face it, once you get used to pushing a button rather than pull starting… who wants to pull the thing when it’s got all the required parts to be a push-n-go machine.

Any pointers or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Um, sell the starter set-up to me?
Actually, my experience with my Doo electrical is to be very careful with the electrical plugs. I have (using the wiring diagram) tracked two different electrical problems to loose prongs/prong fit problems. One of those was in the instrument/switch/lights plug that seems to have wires for about everything going through two plugs.

Premium Features