• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E-Module Casting change?

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
I just purchased a new E module assembly and the hole drilled just below the motor mount in the left casting does not line up with the hole in the tunnel. Has anyone else seen this?
The shape of the casting is different and the hole is 10mm lower than the old e module.
The assembly is 518327567 and was assembled in 2015. The number on the left casting is 518326796.
The tunnel is a 2008 XP but that shouldn't matter.
(Photo rotated 90d counter clockwise)

image.jpg

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
There has been some slight changes over the years. did you pull the part number from and 08 xp fiche or a newer machine? I have that the part # should be 518325410 for the 08. The part # you listed is for a 2015.

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
Yes, the 2008 part number has been superseded several times. The one I listed was also confirmed by my local dealer. They were not aware of this issue. I sent an an inquiry to Ski-Doo corp also.

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
Official Doo reply:
We've gone through the tech department and engineering with this for you and have been told that the hole must be re drilled in the casting to match up with the frame. It is our recommendation to have this done at your local dealership.

Thanks Doo, I can move ahead.?

Premium Features