• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Dynojet Ignition Module For The YAMAHA VIPER!*

Hello to the Blue Crew!

Initially this year the Yamaha Viper was going to spend another year without Dynojet offering an Ignition Module to control Timing/Rev Limit --- but that is NOT the case now!
We are offering the new Part number 6-125 which will fit all Yamaha Viper machines as well as the Arctic Cat 7000. Used in conjunction with the Power Commander V, this will provide you with full control over the timing of the engine and enable raising of the rev limiter. If you're a turbo guy, controlling timing while on boost versus off boost is a huge benefit to this module.

For more information, check out our website at http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/ .

Happy riding season to everyone!
~T.J.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=28&mdl=637&yr=2015&pc=22-057-PTI&mk-n=Yamaha&mdl-n=Viper&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=22-057-PTI&add-mdlyrid2=22-057&fullstr=22-05722-057-PTI&prod-type=Powercommander%20VPowercommander%20V%20%28Fuel%20and%20Boost%29¬es=63,74

Your Bike Selection: Yamaha Viper 2015

product_note_warning.png
Product Notes / Warnings

<table id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_dlAllNotes" style="width:98%;border-collapse:collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td> Note: Dynojet Research does NOT offer a supported Map Database for Snowmobile Powercommanders. It is recommended that this product only be used by advanced tuners.
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Available Product/s and Accessories

<table id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_dataListPCVProducts" style="width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
Powercommander V
Part Number: 22-057
Price: $ 379.95

</td></tr><tr><td>
Powercommander V (Fuel and Boost)
Part Number: 22-057-PTI
Price: $ 449.00

</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_dataListPCVUpsellProducts" style="width:98%;border-collapse:collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
AutoTune (Single Channel)
Part Number: AT-200
Price: $ 279.99

</td></tr><tr><td>
Ignition Module
Part Number: 6-125
Price: $ 359.95

</td></tr><tr><td>
2162.jpg

PCV Map Switch
Part Number: 76100011
Price: $ 49.95

</td></tr><tr><td>
POD-300
Part Number: POD-300
Price: $ 249.99
</td></tr></tbody></table>

N
Dec 11, 2014
TJ,

Been trying to get the rev limiter raised on my 2014 Viper as the power curve is still making power past the rev limiter. This was proven while racing on asphalt. You have mentioned that you can change the Rev Limiter with the Ignition Module, but I have been working with Thunder Products, Evolution Powersports, One Stop Performance and they are all having a difficult time raising the Rev Limiter. How does the ignition bypass the ECU?

Sent you an email but thought I would post something here as we are looking to do testing before the Magazine Article and would like an answer on this soon.

Right now I have the PC5 with Autotune on the sled

NOS-PRO,

Pairing PCV's with Ignition Modules (Or running a PCV F/I with Fuel/Ignition control in one box for single/twin cylinder vehicles) gives us full control over the fueling through the injectors, and spark timing of the inductive discharges. Our Rev-Xtend feature is available where we have this degree of control, and have been doing it ever since the PCV was released.
Unlike trying to reflash/hack into the timing curves in the ECU to isolate where the Rev Limiter kicks in to shift it around, We take over events prior to the stock limit with a known pulse and continue out to our new specified value. It's a pretty cool feature that proves very useful in the case you mention, and is wildly common for V-Twin Motorcycle owners....HD riders absolutely love the Rev-Xtend Feature.

Thanks for the question!
~T.J.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so if i wanted to control the rev limiter & timing only what would i need & what will it cost?how hard is it to set up & ajust?

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Hello to the Blue Crew!

Initially this year the Yamaha Viper was going to spend another year without Dynojet offering an Ignition Module to control Timing/Rev Limit --- but that is NOT the case now!
We are offering the new Part number 6-125 which will fit all Yamaha Viper machines as well as the Arctic Cat 7000. Used in conjunction with the Power Commander V, this will provide you with full control over the timing of the engine and enable raising of the rev limiter. If you're a turbo guy, controlling timing while on boost versus off boost is a huge benefit to this module.

For more information, check out our website at http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/ .

Happy riding season to everyone!
~T.J.
Hello :)
Do you offer this to Yamaha Nytro also?

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
In order to run the Dynojet Ignition Module, you will have to buy the Power Commander V as well as the Ignition Module.

Tarzannr1, yes it is available for the FX Nytro. You would need a FX Nytro PCV or PCV PTI unit as well as the Ignition Module. Part numbers 22-025 or 22-025-PTI for fueling side of things and 6-110 for the Ignition Module.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so about 750$ then how would i go about raising my rev limiter & adding timming is it all done by laptop,say i want to raise my rev limiter to 9500rpm & start pulling some timing above 12lbs boost.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
so about 750$ then how would i go about raising my rev limiter & adding timming is it all done by laptop,say i want to raise my rev limiter to 9500rpm & start pulling some timing above 12lbs boost.

So , are you thinking about running the Power Commander V along with the boosted fuel box?

Last edited:
S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com

You have to send the PCV serial # and sled serial # into Dynojet by using their Rev Xtends form. They will then send you a unlock code for the rev limiter.

Adjustment to the actual timing is done via lap top. Choose your pressure and RPM you want to begin adjusting and enter whatever numbers +/- 20 you would like.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
You have to send the PCV serial # and sled serial # into Dynojet by using their Rev Xtends form. They will then send you a unlock code for the rev limiter.

Adjustment to the actual timing is done via lap top. Choose your pressure and RPM you want to begin adjusting and enter whatever numbers +/- 20 you would like.

do you have to buy software for tuning or is it free?

With some astonishing field results showing power and substantial gains at higher RPM, we had great month selling these units.
And FYI - Keep in mind these fit the Arctic Cat 7000 series machines as well!

Thank you everyone for your business and dedication to these 4 Stroke Buggies!
~T.J.

Premium Features