• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drive shaft bearing-Clutch side. Nytro?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Drive shaft bearing-Clutch side. Can you change this bearing without pulling the drive shaft? I was looking at the manual and its a bit vague about exactly what needs to be done. Page 184 nytro manual. Looks like you can pull off the housing and swap in a new bearing?

If yes, will I need a bearing puller as well?

Last trip out I could swear it was clunking but not 100%. May head to revy this weekend for one last ride and would hate to waste a day on the hill.

Thanks

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Yes you can change it without pulling the shaft. The part number is 93306-20589-00 from yamaha and no need for a bearing puller, just backoff the set srews.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Just make sure when you drop your speed sensor and bearing housing out of the way that you support that shaft so you don't damage anything on the other side and don't drop it any further than you need to to get the set set bolts loose.

Drive shaft bearing-Clutch side. Can you change this bearing without pulling the drive shaft? I was looking at the manual and its a bit vague about exactly what needs to be done. Page 184 nytro manual. Looks like you can pull off the housing and swap in a new bearing?

If yes, will I need a bearing puller as well?

Last trip out I could swear it was clunking but not 100%. May head to revy this weekend for one last ride and would hate to waste a day on the hill.

Thanks

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Just make sure when you drop your speed sensor and bearing housing out of the way that you support that shaft so you don't damage anything on the other side and don't drop it any further than you need to to get the set set bolts loose.

Put a new bearing in tonight wish I would have had your hint MO. Didnt damage anything but if I would have had it supported better it wouldnt have taken me so long to get the bolts back in.

All is back in and looks good.

TY-all

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
So just wondering was the old bearing shot?

It wasnt completely shot but 3000km of boost it had more play then I like in it. Also last ride I swear I could here it clunking. Either that or my mind was playing tricks on me. Regardless fresh bearing gives piece of mind.

Later

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
did you happen to pull the bearing seal and pack more, and better grease into the new bearing to make them last longer? when i pull the shaft for replacing drivers and tracks, i always pull the seal on the bearing with a dental pick tool, make sure there isnt any corrosion, clean best possible, and repack with high quality bearing grease. keeps the water out, makes things last longer. and gives you piece of mind. the replacement bearings have very very little grease in them. bound to fail without maintainence. ski

Premium Features