• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you bump your grip and thumb heater switches

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I'm in! I bump those POS's all the time, Arrrggh! I dabbed some silicone under my kill switch, but I don't think that's gonna fly in this case. Maybe I'll pull them apart and see what options there might be to tighten 'em up...

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
That's not the point. I am surprised it took this long for this to come up. I bet I am having to check , and switch them every 15-20 minutes. They really need to make the switches smaller , and click on/off harder. The Polaris ones that were on the Edge series never had such a problem. The elements suck on A/C as it is - then when you know you switched them on, hands are cold , look down and they're off - it's a p.i.t.a...... Seems like they're on when you don't need them and off when you do !

Once and a while yeah.... but is it really that hard to turn them back on???

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
same here. I constantly bump them things. I usually just give up on the after about the first few hours of riding.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
X2

Always turning them on or off because they were bumped.

I don't know if I like the old style switch's on the 01's any better. I have busted them off. These don't break off but they do get hit a lot.

I would bet you could wire in a toggle switch somewhere else to do the same job and bypass these.

Thunder

S
Jan 6, 2009
I Hate all of them stupid friggin buttons,Im always hitten them.I like the aftermarket bars with nothing on them.At least i know im going to be cold before hand!

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
I have always had the same problem and it's annoying. I re-routed all of my wiring so that it's down by the key as someone else mentioned above. I don't have a picture of it on my 08 but here's a picture of it on my 06.

S7300244.jpg

Premium Features