• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do I go to a long track?

J
Oct 20, 2014
First time post, looking or some insight. I can get a real good deal on a nytro mix 153, my question is, how will my handling change? I ride mostly trails and some lake, some boondocking, I plan on changing the track to 1.5" instead of the 2.25". It's a good deal on a like new sled. I currently ride a nytro xtx

Any advise will help

Thanks

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Never ridden a XTX but i am guessing the 153 MTX will push a little more in the corners meaning that the longer track wants to keep going straight. You just have to use the throttle a little more meaning getting off the throttle to initiate the turn then rolling back into it. in reality there is only 4 1/2" of track on the ground between the two sleds so there is not a huge difference. the 153 is a good length for mixed use. just be aware the 08 MTX was the problem child and it did not really handle very well at all without spending some extra money. they made improvements in the following years to help in the handling department.

s1d3w1nd3r1480

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mid-Michigan
Stick to the XTX if you are getting rid of lug height on the MTX. I rode an XTX the last two seasons and last season my cousin started riding an MTX. His is turbo and track is currently cut down to 1.75 and mine has the Backcountry 1.75. No differences in where we could go and what we could do, actually i went more places typically but did trench a little more and could use the turbo power. any type of off trail riding the backcountry 1.75 is the smallest i would go lug size. It has been a great track on my sled. My build thread of it is located on TY forum. We are both upgrading this year in one way or another because our time off trail outweighs trail time and justifies the set backs of a taller lug. In his case he is just getting a bigger lug track. In my case I bought a true boondocking sled in the from of a Pro 155. The XTX is now the brother's sled/backup.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
I'm a "ex" '08 Nytro MTX guy, hated the stock crap track at 153 so went to the 162 with the 2.25 lug, huge change for the better all around, you could actually go off the trails with it! The machine tends to want to wander on its own when on the trails so I put some Stud Boy dual carbide runners up front and it too made a world of difference. The best upgrade was the turbo but, the simple changes made a big difference......Sherm

Premium Features