• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Differences between 13-15 Xm's

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Last Doo I had was a 12 I put T-motion in. Thinking about buying a Xm and am wondering the differences between the 13-15's. Are the track sizes the same in all years? Any real suspension or clutching differences? Would like to get a T-3 but I ride trails sometimes with the grandkids and have heard the 15's with the short coolers overheat on long slow trail rides. Had to sell my Pro for that reason. Need to stay in the 9k and lower market, haven't been able to find a 16 in that price range:(

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
I will copy paste the detailed list but to answer your question on the front cooler it was only relevant to the 3" track T3. 2015 did not have a front cooler for weight savings and had some overheating issues on hardpack and in 16 they added to help and decrease ice buildup there. 2.5" front tracks coolers have never disappeared. All 2016's non T3's got RAS front end along with all sleds getting a small starter update & programming update.

Last edited:
J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Here's a comprehensive list I made last year, I ended up picking a barely used 2015, there's some "hidden" improvements that make a noticeable difference.

2015 vs 2014 XM’s:
-Better ECM tuning, for midrange
-exhaust valves open a little earlier (RAVE timing)
-RF key
-exhaust y-pipe welding bugs grinded off inside the y-pipe for better flow
-different ramp, 438 have an engagement bump where the roller has to get over ($120)

2014 vs 2013 XM’s:
-better ECM tuning, smoother and crisper
-bigger coils
-higher wattage hand warmers (hotter, 50% more at idle)
-gauge notifies of over-rev, parking brake on, break in %
-indent in oil tank so don’t break fuel nipple (a few oz less)
-better reeds (pedal shape and better quality)
-start assembly, pull start have small updates
-all SP’s get the X bars and handle bar strap no longer drilled
-EGT sensor has locking sensor on muffler and welded nut (no more loosening)
-Rave manifold hoses and length (reduced likely of leak or rubbing)
-tmotion has string welds and better wheel locker spacer

Premium Features