• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

det codes on bullydog upgrade

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The problem was isolated to the GM 3 bar map sensor. I just got a text saying the sled was running now. Thanks bk720 for being so patient and not losing your cool. I'm sure you will have a rocking rest of the season.

Thats the first one of those I have seen go bad :crazy:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
The problem was isolated to the GM 3 bar map sensor. I just got a text saying the sled was running now. Thanks bk720 for being so patient and not losing your cool. I'm sure you will have a rocking rest of the season.

Thats the first one of those I have seen go bad :crazy:
Is there a way to test that or see it in a datalog or just trial and error till you changed out the right sensor?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Is there a way to test that or see it in a datalog or just trial and error till you changed out the right sensor?

Nice work Cory.

There is a way to test a MAP sensor with a multimeter if you know how to perform diagnostic troublshoooting. They do have a tendency to fail in the automotive field. AC Delco electronic parts made in Malaysia have been problematic in my experience. Not sure where these are made or what brand are being used.

Not sure what kind of data the BD-unit provides or displays but it could easily provide the data needed in order to diagnois a defective Map sensor.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Well I thought it was fixed with the map sensor but still is not running correct. I'm in mcbride bc this weekend and road today it will bog a lot on and off when I chop the throttle and get onto it again. No lights on or det codes. Makes it really ****ty to ride. Any other ideas I can check on the hill tomorrow guys?

Such a headache :(

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Well I thought it was fixed with the map sensor but still is not running correct. I'm in mcbride bc this weekend and road today it will bog a lot on and off when I chop the throttle and get onto it again. No lights on or det codes. Makes it really ****ty to ride. Any other ideas I can check on the hill tomorrow guys?

Such a headache :(

Change plugs with new stock ones, and gap them to .020

Clean exhaust valves.

What fuel are you running?

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I'm in valemount and rode at blue river today. I have the same setup as you and mine ran very well today. I was running straight av and 12# of boost. Every once and a while I had a bog on the stab but only for a second and it cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Yea mine has bean bogging quite a bit and at the worst times possible. Does t not run like I thought it would that's forsure. Hoping to one day have a problem free day on it..

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
It was just checked at dealership last week and it was slightly
Out so they set it back to specs. I sent data log to Justin before and he said it
All checked out but something isn't rite.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Have a quick look and see if your primary spring is broken. Spin the clutch by hand and see if you see a break.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I will look but it shouldn't be because I just put new weights in it a few days ago an it was ok. However I still have the stock spring in the secondary but I don't think that would cause the bog

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I would think you need to install the supplied spring right away. If you don't load the motor correctly, the runnability of the sled can be real goofy.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I'd swap the secondary spring out for the one that came with the kit... Is the secondary spring the only thing you haven't installed from the kit yet?

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I believe so. Bought the kit used and then purchased the upgrade kit. He didnt have the secondary spring that's why it's not on my sled. Basically got all the charge tubes and what not the billet throttle body and 3 bar map sensor. And turbo, primary spring and rooster weights. So I believe everything was in the kit.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Sorry yea I have the pink primary in and the new helix in the secondary. Only part of the clutching I don't have is the secondary spring. But I don't think the clutching or the secondary spring has anything to do with the bog

Premium Features