• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Silber turbo

R
Jan 21, 2018
Would also like to hear any more reviews. Rode a buddies patriot sidekick yesterday, ran good but the bottom end was disappointing. Are these 20’ Cat Silbers similar. Considering the cycles and sleds set up, but hesitant without trying one.

B
Jul 28, 2008
I just installed a Silber turbo on my 19 Alpha. Sleds and cycles did the reflash for me last week too. I used the silber clutching. Took it out yesterday and it ran damn near flawless. A little bit of hesitation on the low end(probably that low 4700rpm others have mentioned here) .......not sure if that's clutching or too much fuel? A little blubbering low, but after that very strong. Not enough to annoy me that much, but short of perfect. Suggestions? Also, these kits are coming with 7lbs of boost. How are you guys adjusting the boost? (I'm not going to play with fire, just curious ;) ) Thanks in advance!

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
I just installed a Silber turbo on my 19 Alpha. Sleds and cycles did the reflash for me last week too. I used the silber clutching. Took it out yesterday and it ran damn near flawless. A little bit of hesitation on the low end(probably that low 4700rpm others have mentioned here) .......not sure if that's clutching or too much fuel? A little blubbering low, but after that very strong. Not enough to annoy me that much, but short of perfect. Suggestions? Also, these kits are coming with 7lbs of boost. How are you guys adjusting the boost? (I'm not going to play with fire, just curious ;) ) Thanks in advance!

Cycles and Sleds adjustable weights/clutching for me is spot on. Ask Colin about his bov, turbo t and boost gauge setup. Or you can outsource the parts and do it yourself like I did. For adjusting boost get yourself a Turbosmart Turbo T. The bov works great for throttle response when you are chopping at the throttle through tight terrain. Also for turbo longevity.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Played a lot with the turbo alpha last weekend. Still 4-5lbs boost. Found it will set off the set sensor at loser altitude. My cabin is at 7600 feet and there is enough snow there now to play pretty good. From 7600-9000 and you work it moderately hard you can get the set sensor to go off once over 9,000 up 10,500 where most our good ridding is I haven't had the jet go off. Now that I kinda know my octane and altitude limits I'm going to start running about 2 gal of 110 per tank must to be on the safer side. No fun to have the set sensor go off and go into limp mode when in a parcarious situation that you are counting on throttling out of.
BTW, I'm using the last flash to come out late in the 18/19 season.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Does the silber kit lose a bunch of bottom end on the ctec? I rode a 800 axys with a sidekick on it and i hated it, it lost a bunch of the snappiness i liked for tree riding

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Not as noticeable on the alpha, probably because the gear ratio on the alpha is so much lower than an axys, but you still lose some

Premium Features