• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Ski Doo...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Would it kill you to step up the marketing a TAD bit? I own an XP, and am considering snowchecking a 2013 model. I LOVE the way Polaris is introducing their new sled. Heck, I even liked their page to get daily tidbits of what they are launching on Friday. Give us some teasers, some pictures, SOMETHING!!!

Please and thank you!!!

Ace

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Are you kidding me?

We were just talking today about how ridiculous their whole marketing campaign is...wonder who will be picking up the tab for this Marketing onslaught?

I hear tomorrow they are releasing pics of the new light weight ported grips...ooooh ahhhhh

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
sorry those slick pictures with the text...and the whole concept of releasing it in waves...cost big money.

This whole site was redesigned specifically to include a Polaris ad on the right border...not free.

Mountainhorse being a polaris mouthpiece....now that might be free!?!

;)

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
How bout those F'd up boards they marketed so awesomely... Honestly! Have you seen those things?:face-icon-small-dis

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
How bout those F'd up boards they marketed so awesomely... Honestly! Have you seen those things?:face-icon-small-dis

So, in your obviously intelligent opinion, what makes the new boards so "F'd up" ?

As far as "who will be picking up the tab for this Marketing onslaught?", the funny part is, the '13 Pro will likely still be $1,000 - $2,000 less than a '13 Doo.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
So, in your obviously intelligent opinion, what makes the new boards so "F'd up" ?

As far as "who will be picking up the tab for this Marketing onslaught?", the funny part is, the '13 Pro will likely still be $1,000 - $2,000 less than a '13 Doo.

sorry timmy got to agree those boards are SICK:face-icon-small-hapand it seems the waist of money marketing is working:face-icon-small-win

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
atleast polaris is making an attempt to want my money.. skiddoo can shove it up their @ss

P

PaulWatt

Jan 15, 2008
The marketing by AC, Poo, and Doo is all garbage. They really should be embarrassed compared to other sports industries. The crappy generic metal guitar riffs in most of their commercials makes me want to tear my ears off. The branded ugly clothing that the riders wear, and the stupid voiceovers make we want to remove myself as far as possible from their vision of snowmobiling. If you're going to attract people to your brand, you have to understand your markets. In Sea to Sky Country, 70% of sleds are sold to people looking to access mountains for snowboarding and skiing. And more Summits are sold here than anywhere else in Canada. Ski-Doo barely addresses this market, but the fact that they have (by sponsoring guys like Dan Treadway) gives them the big edge here. Seriously, the image sold by the big 3 is seriously uncool, and isn't attracting people from outside the motorhead communities at all.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
sorry timmy got to agree those boards are SICK:face-icon-small-hapand it seems the waist of money marketing is working:face-icon-small-win

Seriously? You got brain washed by super cool text and photos too?

What the HEL! do you think those spikes are going to do to everyones boots? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-con You don't need that type of traction if you have a air frame type of board!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah

Keep on doin what your doin. Your Pro is awesome and you know it!

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
sorry those slick pictures with the text...cost big money.

Give me an hour in my graphic arts class at my high school and I can make those slick pictures......not saying they didn't pay a professional a good hunk of cash to do them, just saying its quite simple

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I like their facebook page. Pretty cool upgrades. Really like that smaller seat and boards.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
tomarrows poo section sticky.BNG.....LMAO.
its like newbies slobbering over a modulor helmet.good entertainment.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Doo has something up their sleeve. They aren't going to let Polaris go any longer with the PRO.

Rumor has it that Poo is going to belt drive. Since that is not a patented technology thru a major manufacturer. I think that may be on the table. It would be a smart move.

Personally, I think the XP chassis is awesome. They have come leaps and bounds with the suspension. Keep refining that. It's not about the looks for me. If my 09 design out performs a newer sled (and it will. :D) then I'm cool with it. IMO, looks and BNG are for parking lot posers. Most of us peel the factory decals off anyways). And strength and durability isn't a factor to me either. I ride and I ride pretty hard. I have thumped a few stumps and had zero damage. The only time I totaled an Xp was in 2008 on a VW sized boulder hidden just under a fresh layer of snow. That would have destroyed a tank.

I think they are sitting on a great design. Just run with that.

Things I would do:

Belt drive
dump the stock track and go with the Challenger Extreme. That track is AWESOME!
Create a better seat with better storage
get rid of that KYB crap shocks, go with Fox Evols or Exits. Getting a contract with EXIT would actually reduce costs as ZBROZ would go into mass production.
keep refining the rear suspension
redesign the air intake to not be so damn huge.

DO NOT try to change the chassis like CAT did. That was a HUGE fail and ended up pushing a ton of Cat loyalists towards Poo and Doo.

And last but not certainly least. Cost. Figure out a way to cut manufacturing costs to reduce prices for the consumer. An idea, stop making so many damn versions of the same sled. Dump the Freeride and just go with the Summit series. I think that having the Freeride, the 'X' and the base model Summit is really expensive. I'd go with one model with varying track lengths to suit the needs of the consumer. But create a sled in between the base model and the 'X' model (both the 'X' and Freeride are not worth the extra in price anyways) Anybody can take a base model Summit 154 and make it a better sled for less than what the 'X' sled costs from the dealer. I think that would drive costs down substantially, since BRP wouldn't be making replacement parts for so many different variations of the same sled.

That's my 2 cents.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Doo has something up their sleeve no worries on that however with that being said polaris's marketing deploy is unique but simply and costing a lot of money that isn't needed. They are the only people pushing a marketing deploy on their product they did it last year with the snow melting on the Pro when they were first being introduced. Why must skidoo push marketing already in 3 weeks away from a deadline? Polaris is doing it 7 days before so maybe wait and see what doo does for marketing however I doubt they do anything cause why would they want to show Polaris, Yamaha, AC anything before they have the product ready to go? This gives all the other companies time to look at the pictures what's changing on their competitors and change their own now I love progression and how competition as it's required in any sport but come on wait like we have every other year!

M
Nov 13, 2008
Thought

Think outside the box, this isn't about 2 skis, a motor and a track anymore! The new XPR will be so technically advanced it will leave others in shame, while they were working on running board technology our fellow Canadians are progressing how the snowmobile gets from point A to point B. Think about how a jet propels water in a watercraft, now apply SOME of that thought to the snow! This mountain specific SUMMIT is going to be the talk of the town..... No wait.... The mountain!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features