• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dead sled. Need help

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Drive 6 hours to island park and had a fun day. Sled is base 2020 khaos 850. Sled ran great. Last 2 hours the temp readings became erratic engine cold to 105, but still ran great. Shut engine off and started fine all day. Drove to trailer and went to load and sled is dead. Changed plugs, plugs get a spark. Seem to get fuel but engine doesn’t even turn over, like kill switch depressed. Played with tether and even unhooked it. Have a tss bypass for a 2016 - assume the same and bypassed it. Unhooked hood. Nothing seemed to make a difference. Any ideas?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Fuel pump isn't a bad guess on a 2020. If you ever noticed your fuel pump was a bit louder than average (as in - you could hear it), upgrade that to a good guess.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Came out this morning and sled fired right up. Ran all day just great. I can’t believe it was just flooded as I changed plugs and held throttle open, but I am hoping that is what it was as I don’t want to have a problem

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Next time. Pop left side panel. You will see a 6 (?) wire plug labeled “connect to run” (something along those lines)- disconnect connector. Pull sled. Excess fuel in engine will fire and motor will die. Reconnect plug. Pull sled. Engine will refire. Not uncommon on 2020 sleds with original flash. Mine would do it when running full throttle and tether would pull.

Premium Features