Custom Flatbeds?

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
Silver Lake in Idaho. I have one really nice all aluminum. Can powdercoat them, will try to find some pictures.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I have Seen Silver Lake. They are very nice. For the price I think I could build or adapt something comparable.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I'm in the process, I going very slow
There are lots of little things that go with it.
If you were going to make it just for sleds and nothing more life would be easy. Mine will be multi purpose. I have a stowed away giant inverter, air compressor, and tool box.
The ramp is the most important. It will slide up between the frame rails but that width isn't wide enough. So it will have to be a custom expanding ramp. Then the length too. The fuel neck, breather, and sender are in the road to make it full length.
The goose neck was another trick cause it can't hang down into where the ramp slides either

Attachments

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
That's a great start. I would take my time too. Are you going to skin the sides or leave it open? What are your plans for the top deck?

Last edited:

Scott

Pin it!
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
When I order my next flatbed from SilverLake (motomikey), I WILL request a thin sheet of metal welded into the ramp bay to seal that off.

I LOVE my Silver Lake Manuf. flatbed. I'm on my second one.
My favorite feature is the built-in ramp bay. Don't have to store or strap ramps up on the bed.

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
@joshkoltes why not just do some short cross members on top of the frame rails, then make the ramp slide full width on top of those? Yea it might make your deck height slightly taller but who cares?
I cares, want it to look fancy. It's already quite high just being on a f 350. It's all heavy steel, I don't need any unnecessary extra weight. It's about perfect height now for working off of. The expanding ramp will be nice too, I hope

Premium Features