• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crooked Creek Lodge in Togwotee/Amazing Place!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Drove out on short notice to Togwotee Pass because we heard about all the snow they were suppose to get. The 3 of us are from Gillette, WY and none of us have ever been here before as we always go to Cooke City, MT. So I looked into a couple places around the area obviously looking at togwotee mountain lodge, but then came across Crooked Creek Guest Ranch as soon as I got off the phone with them (not a answering service) I knew this had to be the place we would book, they were extremely helpful, and nice people. Their facilities were clean and very comfortable, They catered our every need and not to mention the riding around Union pass above the lodge was second to none, every terrain imaginable!

We enjoyed our stay with them so much that we will be going back in 2 weeks, and changed our annual week long guys trip from cooke city to togwotee in January because of this place, and where else can you feed a moose through the window of the bar!

Thanks for the great stay!

004.jpg

L
Jun 4, 2011
pinedale wy
Several years ago myself and a buddy where atv’ing from the upper green to crooked creek, we do this trip several times a summer. We got separated (dumbness on both or parts) the weather turned and he went back to CC. they set him up with a place to dry his close and to stay. I backtracked that night and found him warm and dry. The next morning they didn’t even charge us for the room. Awesome people.

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
They used to have a mechanical moose in the bar. Will be seeing them in 1 lonng month. Can't wait! :braaap:

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
Also would like to know where this is located from TML...sounds like a great place to stay looking to possibly switch our second stop of our trip to here instead of Bear Lodge because of the absolutely horrible snow conditions at Bear right now:face-icon-small-sad

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
It appears to be just Northwest of Dubois off highway 287. Looks like it's approximately 15-20 miles Southeast of Togwotee Mountain Lodge on 287.

Nice to hear there is another nice lodging option around this area and has nice people running it to boot!!!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
About 10 miles out of dubois, look for their sign on the highway take a left and head up the mountain till you hit the Ranch.. riding was comparable to Cooke city only bigger area.. oh ya if you go, try the egg cheese scrambler! Talking about it is only thing that gets me through next 10 days till we go again! Can't wait, sled is already throwing a tantrum wanting to see snow again to!

Directions and Contact Information for Crooked Creek Guest Ranch

The above posts on this thread do give you the correct directions and contact information for Crooked Creek Guest Ranch, but we thought we should officially re-state it ourselves.

Crooked Creek Guest Ranch is located just outside the Warm Springs entrance of the Shoshone National Forest and is along the Continental Divide Trail System (CD trail), which is the exact same trail system and areas that TML guests ride. We are approximately 8 miles west of Dubois on Hwy 26/287 and 6 miles up the mountain on Union Pass Road. Follow the signs posted along the road to get to our lodge; often the GPS directions are incorrect. The lodge sits at 8500' and all the riding areas go up from there. :bounce:A variety of riding areas are available and fit whatever riding style you desire -- steep & deep, open meadows, trees or access to hundreds of miles of trails to get you there.

Our accommodations allow you to park and ride directly from your cabin; no trailering is required. We have a full bar & restaurant on-site, 24-hour fuel, along with a small general store and mechanic shop. We rent sleds as well as cabins and rooms and our rates are very competitive. Give us a call at 888-238-2647. Watch for an additional thread that we will post ongoing snow conditions and specials on. Also, check out our webcam from the links on our website and recent pictures and video from our Facebook page and Youtube channel.

We thank all of our guests who have said such nice things about us and recommended us. :face-icon-small-hap We are pleased that we have met & exceeded your expectations.....we will continue to do so throughout the season! We look forward to seeing them and you in the near future.

Terry & Cindy Hamilton
Crooked Creek Guest Ranch
76 Fir Rd
Dubois, WY 82513
307-455-2815
888-238-2647
www.crookedcreekguestranch.com

J
Feb 26, 2012
You can easily ride back and forth from CCR to Tog. Left CCR and have had lunch at Tog or even closer, Brooks lake Lodge. I think the CCR is at around 8600 ft and the snow at camp is less than Tog, but within a few minutes, on a groomed trail, you are in deep and can take the CDT (cont divide trail) to Tog or anywhere else. Gas, food, bar and rentals all right at CCR. About 1/4 mi away is another bar/lodge....Lineshack. I have stayed at Tog twice and last March at CCR and goin again this month. Also, been to W yellowstone twice and Idaho once. Much less congestion at CCR and yes, moose stick their heads right in the bar window....scary at first.

B
Jan 4, 2011
Duluth, MN
Is there cell signal at CCGR or Tog? I have AT&T. Just wondering. Also how avy prone is the terrain. My group all carry beacon probe shovel and know how to use them. Normally we ride Cooke city every year, but want to try something new.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Is there cell signal at CCGR or Tog? I have AT&T. Just wondering. Also how avy prone is the terrain. My group all carry beacon probe shovel and know how to use them. Normally we ride Cooke city every year, but want to try something new.

Great service for Verizon, definitely potential of avy, always be prepared! I would recommend CCGR high on my trips every year

Team X-treme

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Just got back from Crooked Creek, what a great place. Terry and Cindy were great hosts, they make you feel at home. All of the staff was great as well. Nick was very helpful with the shop, Kate was real helpful in the bar, probably too helpful with the way my head was pounding. The snow was great and its huge hardly seen another snowmobile all day. We'll definately be back again, Thanks again to all of you at CCGR.

Premium Features