• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke City SNOW: It's rivaling the monster year of 1997!

kbroderick

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2017
Man.
What a kick that would be!

If you can, do it this year, because the travel management plan for Shoshone next year closes oversnow travel May 15, and I wouldn't be surprised to see CGNF follow that lead.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The best part might be seeing all the tourons give you funny looks going through the park with your sled.

I pretty much just did it to say I've ridden on the 4th of July.
Right, were always up shredding into june every year and the asains in the park sure give you some funny looks. This year should be more then drift hopping in early july! Huge snowpack already with the best 2 months to come for depth gains.

Really stoked for Spring sled fest up there this year the weekend of May 19th. We might still be riding from town at this rate!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
If you can, do it this year, because the travel management plan for Shoshone next year closes oversnow travel May 15, and I wouldn't be surprised to see CGNF follow that lead.

I didn't think that was final yet....?

kbroderick

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2017
I didn't think that was final yet....?

It's not, but the revised proposal kept the season limited by date and bumped the date slightly, not allowing for late-season riding at elevation if there happens to be snow left. I'd love to be wrong, but I'd bet the final action will still have some sort of season-closing date well before July 4 (and I wouldn't be surprised if CGNF follows suit).

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
The best part might be seeing all the tourons give you funny looks going through the park with your sled.

I pretty much just did it to say I've ridden on the 4th of July.

Lol I bought my sled in Wyoming and was bringing it back during the Sturgis rally. We stopped at Mcdonalds in Spearfish for food and when we went back outside there was a small circle of people staring at my snowmobile. It was a bunch of people from Florida and Texas and they couldn't believe how long the track was and how big the paddles were! A couple of them wanted to take pictures on it

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
We've been up here since last Thursday, it hasn't stopped snowing yet .... snow has been great, visibility .... well .... not so much. Of course, the forecast is for blue skies starting tomorrow which of course is the day we are heading home :( ..... crazy how much snow is here this year though:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features