• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COOKE CITY - LSB - Reports, Pictures, Videos

L

LSB

Apparently basic members cannot see a thread past 75 posts sooo I have to start another one.

Clear and warm again today, spring riding continues :( The upside is the avy conditions have improved as the snow strengthens except for what they label "point release or wet snow avalanches" where the sun has heated snow in the late afternoons.

Call me for specials! :high5:

1-888-838-1190

L

LSB

Believe it or not we had some small flurries here in town last night. I dont think they amounted to much up high but they were something to see, I almost forgot what they looked like :D Its 33.3 and holding more steady, maybe today will be cooler. I will keep you updated. Avy conditions holding about the same of course.

Call for special pricing!

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
How does the forcast and outlook of the snow look for the next couple weekends?

L

LSB

According to the weather service, Tuesday through Thursday morning we have very good chances for snow. 60-70% then clearing up into the weekend. Beyond that I don't know. I sure hope they are right and we could get some nice snow!

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
you going to be running late march early april specials like you did last year ?
going to be arriving in cooke the 27 0r 28th of March . thanks

L

LSB

We got some snow last night and today but just barely. I was in Bozeman so I wasn't here to see it first hand. The snotel didnt really budge so I dont think it was a BIG dump either way.

Specials are running and will be running!!

L

LSB

Nothing, nada, zip... Clear skies.

I just got back from the Expo at West. It was great to see lots of familiar faces and I hope I met new friends. Remember for those planning on coming out, we have our Snowest and Spring Specials running right now. We will compete with anything.

I will let you know if we get fresh snow.

M
Sep 13, 2009
so is ther still going to be powder and all that good stuff still ther by the middle of april, or enough to go have fun for a weekend. trying to get a trip planned so thought i would ask before just loading up and heading out. Thanx

L

LSB

Well powder comes and goes. Right now there is no real powder, at least in the "normal" areas. Its spring riding conditions. If we get snow, then we will have powder and how long that lasts depends on the weather. Mid-April is almost a month from now, and tons of things could happen between now and then.

Went on a short ride this afternoon and got to ride the new 2011 RMK. Thank you very much to the nice guy who let that happen!! Not naming names
smile.gif
It will definiteyl be a contender next year. It was very hard for me to adapt with such little time, especially coming off my OLD 01' Cat bulkhead.

Snow is setup, spring conditions. I have a group of guys with shorttracks here who were climbing Crown Butte without a problem!

Ill keep you updated if anything changes. Hope to see you guys here for the Hog Roast!!

Also give us a call if your thinking of coming out. Ill compete with any rates!

L

LSB

Well I went out today and it was very nice. We didnt have tons of powder but there was plenty to cover the tracks almost everywhere and allow a guy to carve, dip his shoulders, sidehill, climb, whatever. It was nice.

We do have some chances of snow Thursday and Friday, Ill keep you posted!

O

o3polarissks

Nov 28, 2007
thanks for the update. were you able to ride right from the motel ?
we are heading your way Saturday morning have a 1450 mile pull to get to ya

L

LSB

We are getting snow. End of March and April are going to turn out to be our "winter months". We have had more snow the past week than we did for a month before that. Snotel jumped up 7" on the 26th and as of last night its going up again. We are under a winter storm watch for now with chances of snow everyday for at least the next 5. I will keep you updated!

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
Can you drive into town from the parking lot yet? Or does a person still have to ride sleds into town? Thanks!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
netcam.jpg

netcam.jpg

Looks like the season MIGHT not be quite over for COOKE yet...

Hazardous weather condition(s):

This Afternoon: Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44. West southwest wind around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 2 inches.

Tonight: Rain and snow showers likely before midnight, then snow showers. Low around 29. West southwest wind between 11 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 5 inches.

Tuesday: Snow showers. High near 38. West southwest wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.

Tuesday Night: Snow showers. Low around 19. West southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 26. West southwest wind between 9 and 11 mph. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.

Wednesday Night:Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around 4 inches.

Thursday:Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.

Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Last edited:
L

LSB

800 cat you definitely are not supposed to just drive in yet. While some people have tried and made it MANY more have had to get the Sno Cat to come rescue them. DONT do it yet.

We have been getting good snow for days. Its cleared up slightly this afternoon but there are continuing chances ahead. Tonight through Friday night there are GOOD chances and I hope we just keep getting hammered. Its nice to finally feel a little winter again. If anyone is wanting to come out, I'm running really low rates right now! Just call!

Premium Features