• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bearclaw bob in Cooke city 3

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
MMMM what's snow

I can't believe its been 3 years since I paid my dues, but I renewed it for 3 more years, so I can keep giving you updates here in Cooke city.

Its been snowing since yesterday and the town has picked up about an inch. :face-icon-small-sad This morning the winds have picked up to move it around.:face-icon-small-dis

SNOWMAN REPORT: Weather stations are measuring 15-30 mph. Under cloudy skies temperatures are in the mid-teens. A moist northwest flow will drop 1-2 inches of snow today with mountain temperatures reaching the mid-20s and wind speeds remaining the same.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Cooke City has a deep, mostly stable snowpack. Winds have been light which is a welcome change from normal. Although generally safe avalanche conditions exist, there are still isolated slopes at lower elevations that are thin and weak and could produce small slides. For today, the avalanche danger remains LOW.:cheer2:

Terri says Thank you for the kind comments about the breakfasts. If you find you would like to thank her, go to TRIP ADVISOR and give her thanks on that site also.
Remember if you roaming the streets at 5 am, you can always stop in and get a free cup of coffee from Bearclaw Bakery.
Terri has a few more spots to fill for the PRIME RIB DINNER this coming weekend. Give her a call to set up a reservation.:cheer2:

I've received several more AVY Packs in. If your looking for one, come in and check out my selections. If you need a rental sled, I do have them.

The crew from Bearclaw and the Super 8 wants to thank everyone for coming in and supporting us.

The Super 8 this weekend will be doing a drawing for free rooms, If you are staying with us, make sure you enter. Then stop in Sunday morning to see who won.

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
FOUND Snow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys the dancing I did again paid off for the weekend. We have gotten about 6 inches in town and the report off the mountain is 2-3 feet, depends what area your in. Yes, its still snowing. If it keeps up we should see about a foot by morning. I'll let everyone know when I get back in from plowing.
:cheer2:

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
Sweet! this is good news, going down on Saturday for my first time snowmobiling in Cooke City. i have lived in Montana my whole life and never rode cooke......pathetic at best.

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
Coming Friday!! Staying at the Super 8. Thanks for the report! Great Frocking news! Excitement is high.

Which areas have the most snow???!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
COOKE CITY IS GOING TO BE PACKED THIS WEEKEND with all of us there!

there are a good 50 plus SnoWest members arriving in the next 24 hours!

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
leaving from watford city nd couple hours, no room for tonight in town, front seat of pickup will have to do!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Sweet! this is good news, going down on Saturday for my first time snowmobiling in Cooke City. i have lived in Montana my whole life and never rode cooke......pathetic at best.
Don't judge Cooke by this weekend as far as the normal number of people out riding. I believe there are 3 group rides going on this weekend in Cooke. The SnoWest forum ride, Snowhawk Fest, and I think the Turbo ride is also going on. It is going to be absolutely packed.

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
thanks christopher,wasn't sure when i could get out of here so didnt get a room for tonight.probly be 9,10 oclock before i get there if roads are ok!

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
ENOUGH

We had enough snow for a day, so I've told the snowman to wait till tomorrow for more snow. :face-icon-small-hap

SNOWMAN REPORT: Since yesterday the mountains near Cooke City received 7 inches of snow and all other places received 1-3 inches. This morning temperatures were in the low teens F, and gusty winds were blowing 15 mph from the W and NW with gusts of 20-30 mph. Mostly cloudy skies today will keep temperatures in the teens F, and winds will continue blowing 15-30 mph from the W and NW. Snowfall tonight will bring 1-3 inches by tomorrow morning.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Cooke City

The mountains near Cooke City have also received new snow and wind. Fresh wind slabs likely exists near ridgetops. Fortunately this area lacks buried layers of facets on many slopes. Isolated slopes with a thinner snowpack and ones at lower elevations are good places to find these facets. For today, with some fresh wind slabs and buried facets in specific places, human triggered avalanches are possible and the avalanche danger is rated MODERATE.

The bakery has a few spots left for the PRIME RIB DINNER. Call if your interested.

If your looking for avalanche equipment I have it, from sales to rentals.

If your looking for a room, the Super 8 has a double for the 14th thru the 17th. Call 406-838-2070 ask for Steve.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
are you kidding me. i called yesterday and you guys said you were booked all weekend at the super 8 what the hell

Premium Features