• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Convert ARO 137 to ARO 129

D
Feb 25, 2019
Has anyone ever converted a 137 ARO to a 129 ARO? Like most of you I am always thinking of what I can do to improve my current set up. I currently have a 137 ARO but have ridden a 129 a couple of times and like the nimble feel of it better. I am looking for the most cost effective way to get a 129. One idea I had was to buy Ice Age 129 rails and get a CMX or ARO 129 track. Has anyone done something similar? If so, was it worth it?

A
Nov 14, 2017
I converted a 120 Aro to a 129 with a CMX Track. My buddies have the 129 3" and my bike doesn't feel like theirs at all.

Not saying you won't like a 129, just warning you that it wont be like the 129 3"

D
Feb 25, 2019
I converted a 120 Aro to a 129 with a CMX Track. My buddies have the 129 3" and my bike doesn't feel like theirs at all.

Not saying you won't like a 129, just warning you that it wont be like the 129 3"
I know it won't be like a 129 3". How do you like the CMX track on the 129? I have also looked into doing something like that as well. Ultimately I am trying to find the most cost effective way to get a more nimble feel that I felt when I rode a 129 that I don't feel on my 137.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I really like the CMX track. A friend also had the exact same kit and went 129" when I did. He has had both the Yeti and Camso track on his and the paddles on both have a lot more flex. The CMX track has stiffer paddles for sure and that seems to work great if there is any kind of stiffness to the snow.

I believe the CMX might be heavier, but we never did weigh them.

D
Feb 25, 2019
I really like the CMX track. A friend also had the exact same kit and went 129" when I did. He has had both the Yeti and Camso track on his and the paddles on both have a lot more flex. The CMX track has stiffer paddles for sure and that seems to work great if there is any kind of stiffness to the snow.

I believe the CMX might be heavier, but we never did weigh them.
Would you prefer the ARO 3" over the converted 129" with the CMX track?

A
Nov 14, 2017
I much prefer the Aro 3" over the converted units we have. When I ride those things I am blown away at how they get up on top of the powder. They just seem to work better everywhere, with less effort.

I have only tried the Aro 3" for short bits. Where you and a buddy switch bikes for 5 minutes to test out the other guys setup. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, if I could turn back the clock I wish I hadn't spent the money on a new track and rail extensions. It would have been better to just sell my old kit and go for an Aro 3. The problem was that my kit was brand new and only had like 10 hours on it when I realised that a 120 was too short for me.

2 years after doing that, I am considering getting an Aro 3 anyways, so it was kinda good money after bad.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Yup. Most cost effective is to sell your old kit and buy a new one. Benefits being you have a brand new kit with nothing worn out and higher resale value.

Premium Features