• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Considering a 09 800 RMK/Shift

M
Dec 6, 2007
HI I am looking at buying a 09' 800 Shift tomorrow. I tried finding some info online about them and find lots of bad motors. The one I am looking at has about 2k on chassis and 0 miles on dealer replaced long block. My question is once the dealer repairs the motor are they reliable? Or does the problems come back? What would a good price for this be? They are asking 3k. The other sled I am looking at is a 2006 Summit 800. I am more familiar with the doo's but this shift sounded like a sick deal. Just trying to see if it is more trouble then it's worth... Any opinions?

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
Depends on what the rebuild consisted of. Did they install the fix kit? What map does it have? Clutch, shocks, track condition? The 800 liberty had some with issues and some didn't. The issues were not that difficult to fix with a little information that is easy to obtain within this forum and many other places.
If you look in the Polaris section of this forum there is a lot of good info. Keep in mind, most people on her are very brand loyal. I have learned ( mostly from this forum ) there are good and bad sleds in all brands.

Whatever your choice I hope it works well for you.

Nooby

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Buy a 600 if you get a sled from any of those years from the bad motors. The 600's are insane sleds but now seeing the guy has a new motor in it... it might be a good buy

Premium Features