• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Composit M700

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
oh ok, figured she was a stiffy. good to know, maybe why young Caleb doesn't run it in place of m66 eh, which looks to be a good spring track
Couple M66 tracks in our group.

Very similar lug flex to the series 6 poo track. (Soft)

I’m guessing it gets run because it’s available in 2.86 pitch.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Couple M66 tracks in our group.

Very similar lug flex to the series 6 poo track. (Soft)

I’m guessing it gets run because it’s available in 2.86 pitch.
Are you thinking of the m67? The m66 is hard on the outer lugs. Center lugs are soft like the old series 6. The outer lugs on the m66 are almost as hard as the powerclaw 2.6 lugs. The m67 is practically the same as the series 6. I have both composite tracks as well as the series 6 and powerclaw 2.6 for one sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Are you thinking of the m67? The m66 is hard on the outer lugs. Center lugs are soft like the old series 6. The outer lugs on the m66 are almost as hard as the powerclaw 2.6 lugs. The m67 is practically the same as the series 6. I have both composite tracks as well as the series 6 and powerclaw 2.6 for one sled.
Whoops yeah i meant M67

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After spending a number of rides on this track on both my 24’ boost and 9R. It’s way better than the Polaris 2.75. If you don’t want a 3” it’s a very good option. Personally I like more traction on my boost and need the 3” or 3.25. The M700 is a little more forgiving in the trenching department than the longer lug tracks. The M700 lugs are similar in principle to the powerclaw, they have a stiff outer finger on each lug (circle in pic). The middle area of the lug is quite soft, I’d say more soft than the series 7. The combo of the softer lug and stiffer finger (like the power claw) really make it work well in the powder and more set up snow.
As far as durability goes. I had this on my boost for 3 early season rides. Bumped over a lot of trees, logs, rocks and stumps. Zero damage to the M700, I thought for sure I’d end up with a few missing or torn lugs, but not one damaged lug.

IMG_3933.jpeg

Premium Features