• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX-X/PRO RMK Front End Kit

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You guys have some really awesome stuff. I saw it first hand at the SLC show last year. The problem is getting to "demo" or try that front end before committing to the price. I really know the "feel" of the Pro now but it is true that it pushes a tad. Perhaps I can do some product testing in Colorado for you! ;)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You guys have some really awesome stuff. I saw it first hand at the SLC show last year. The problem is getting to "demo" or try that front end before committing to the price. I really know the "feel" of the Pro now but it is true that it pushes a tad. Perhaps I can do some product testing in Colorado for you! ;)

The biggest difference, I thought, was the steering effort was half but I was comparing a cmx to my t-pro and not pro to pro. The price is steep, without knowing, but I thought the kit was awesome.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Finally got to ride my sled with the cmx front end with raptor shocks and the k mod rear skid with raptor shocks. WOW!!!

In my opinion that is a winning combination. The suspensions works so well together. And the raptor shocks are amazing. Front end was super close, need to tighten the spring a tad and they work to perfection. They soak up the bumps very nicely. Little different without the sway bar in but was getting the use to it by the end of the day. The steering is greatly improved also, I could notice a lot when we were coming back in the slush that the sled didn't push like my wife's sled did.

After struggling to adjust the timbersled suspension most of the winter, I kind of thought I would be playing with the k mod as well trying to get it to fit my riding style. I set the suspension up exactly how Kevin at k mod suggested, rode the sled all day and the only thing I did was two clicks on the rear shock, not because I felt like it really needed it but because I had heard that you will notch a difference with the raptor shock with a click or two. It is true it doesn't take much to feel the difference with just a small adjustment of the clicker.

I took my cousin with me today up Tony's grove up Logan canyon and on the way back I pulled over and told him to ride my sled through the whooped out rode. After 1/4 mile or so I had enough of getting beat to death caught him and made him give me my sled back. He was impressed also.

I also noticed with the k mod suspension how well the track hooked up. I only messed with the coupling adjustment once and you could tell it held the skis down when climbing.

Thanks, Mark and Kevin for the great products wish I would of done this setup the first time. Very impressed both with the products and the ride. Could not be happier!!

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Finally got to ride my sled with the cmx front end with raptor shocks and the k mod rear skid with raptor shocks. WOW!!!

In my opinion that is a winning combination. The suspensions works so well together. And the raptor shocks are amazing. Front end was super close, need to tighten the spring a tad and they work to perfection. They soak up the bumps very nicely. Little different without the sway bar in but was getting the use to it by the end of the day. The steering is greatly improved also, I could notice a lot when we were coming back in the slush that the sled didn't push like my wife's sled did.

After struggling to adjust the timbersled suspension most of the winter, I kind of thought I would be playing with the k mod as well trying to get it to fit my riding style. I set the suspension up exactly how Kevin at k mod suggested, rode the sled all day and the only thing I did was two clicks on the rear shock, not because I felt like it really needed it but because I had heard that you will notch a difference with the raptor shock with a click or two. It is true it doesn't take much to feel the difference with just a small adjustment of the clicker.

I took my cousin with me today up Tony's grove up Logan canyon and on the way back I pulled over and told him to ride my sled through the whooped out rode. After 1/4 mile or so I had enough of getting beat to death caught him and made him give me my sled back. He was impressed also.

I also noticed with the k mod suspension how well the track hooked up. I only messed with the coupling adjustment once and you could tell it held the skis down when climbing.

Thanks, Mark and Kevin for the great products wish I would of done this setup the first time. Very impressed both with the products and the ride. Could not be happier!!

Did you notice any added ski pressure with the Kmod?

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Not at all, it actually felt lighter with the k mod, but that would of been also with the help of cmx's front end. I was really impressed with it.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Mark has excellent products, glad you liked the skid.
Thanks, Kevin

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Moly,

I can tell you first hand, Mark is TOP NOTCH. Probably one of the most honest, helping guys out there. And the aftermarket parts he brings to the industry are second to none. And yes I have first hand experience with him and his products.

Like mentioned above maybe you should call him, but then if I was Mark I would laugh in your face and slam the phone down. Lucky for you I am not him and he is a class act and might help you out. There are a couple guys on here (yourself included) that ruin these threads. These threads and posts are suppose to be for the community to learn and have questions answered. Not be your personal bashing grounds. Why don't you just stay with you stock sled and not worry about all the aftermarket lies if its that big a deal to you.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Reread the whole thread, and the answers to your questions are in here. We all asked the same questions and mark was polite enough to answer them in the beginning. Also you can look at his web page, you'll find a lot of useful information about the front end and why you can't just buy the spindles on there. Take some initiative, and do some research.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My BS Meter FWIW

I was one of two people manning the finish line for the two days of competition of the Valdez Mountain Man Hill Climb. Over Five hundred runs up the mountain in the two days. Race started at 11AM both days and ran until well after sunset both days. I personally never saw a CMX front suspension all weekend. As I have lived in Valdez for 34 years now and have been very much a part of the hill climb for nearly twenty years I know a lot of the racers personally and more than half of the king of the hill contenders and their sleds. I may have missed it, but with two runs per class and most entered in multiple classes, my BS meter is ringing on this one. Granted my job was not to notice who or what was racing but to call time down to the people manning the backup stop watches in the chance that the electronic timing system malfunctioned.

They / he could well have been in Valdez riding or maybe even racing, but I don't think he ever made the finish line and likely chose to blame the suspension, instead of manning up and admitting he did not have the skills to make the course. He would not be the only one, less than half of the stock entries made the finish line, as they ran on Friday and the light was flat and a storm was moving thru. For more than half of the day we could only see a few of the gates from the finish line. Some times even the last gate less than 100 yards away was obscured with blowing snow and low clouds. We nicknamed the last three gates the "Bermuda Triangle" because it seemed all but the most talented riders could not make it past them. They changed the course for Saturdays Improved Stock runs and again mid-afternoon for the Mods. From memory with that suspension he would be forced to run in either the improved or mod class which only ran Saturday. Beautiful day, 11 straight hours of racing, finished the last run at 10 PM. No King of the hill contender with CMX front suspension from what I witnessed.

Last edited:

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I can and will vouch for the honesty and integrity of Mark at Crazy Mountain. I guarantee there is not a better more honest guy in the business. I was T-boned this winter by an avalanche and it hit me so hard that it pushed my drivers about and inch to the right causing my drive shaft to move To the right when I tried to ride it. Needless to say it was a nightmare to ride until we figured what the problem was. When ever I needed part Mark would overnight them or do whatever nescessary to get me the parts buy the weekend. If ever I had a question on install or any part of his system he was very easy to get a hold of and very very good and responding with an picture /diagram showing how it should look installed.

I also have his a arms and spindles on my sled. I would recommend them to anyone. Very very strong and very durable I will post a picture of my spindle where I hit a rock earlier this fall. When I hit it, I all but flew of the handlebars and the sled stopped dead in its tracks. I thought for sure I would be replacing at least a lower a arm. When I walked around to look at the damage all that had happened was a huge gouge taken out of the spindle. I plan on getting a new spindle this summer putting it on just from the look, I have no dought in my mind that it would ever break.

Mark and his products are second to none! I believe he would do whatever he could to help another guy out to get him going again. I have seen it first hand.

Last edited:
Premium Features