• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Older mod vs newer stocker??

H
Jun 30, 2019
St Anthony, Idaho
What your guy’s opinions??

— 2017 Pro Rmk 800 163 stock with React front end conversion ~ 800 miles

— 2013 Pro Rmk 800 163 ~1000 miles on chassis, 100 miles on new mod motor. Mod list includes...
- mtntk full mod motor kit (Look up online for what is in that package)
-Axys front spindles, mtntk drop and roll, axys rear geometry, Walker Evans clicker shocks (supposed to handle just like an axys)
-mtntk rear tunnel cooler and blow hole
-slp intake and hps can, bikeman Y pipe

— both in clean condition, about the same price let me hear it?

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
In my opinion it'd be a no brainer for the same price...buy the real Axys instead of one thats supposed to "Handle just like an Axys".

I've heard from folks that have owned both that the new Axys packages are just amazing sleds compared to the old Pro chassis.

I have an 11 Pro with MTNTK kit, etc, etc...but I'd love to get my hands on a newer Axys!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
The Pro should probably be $2000 cheaper; you could always make an offer if you're still thinking about the Pro. Hard telling if the owner will budge, but I often see Pros listed at AXYS prices. At some point the seller has to either lower the price or decide to keep it. All the mods in the world add up to $1000 or less when selling a complete sled. Smart money is probably in taking a sled back to stock and selling the upgrades piecemeal. Another factor is that the AXYS 800 motor has a much better track record than the Pro. Not what kind of reputation MTNTK's motors have, but unless it's up there with IndySpecialties, I'd pick the AXYS for durability even against a 100-mile motor.

C
Mar 2, 2020
What your guy’s opinions??

— 2017 Pro Rmk 800 163 stock with React front end conversion ~ 800 miles

— 2013 Pro Rmk 800 163 ~1000 miles on chassis, 100 miles on new mod motor. Mod list includes...
- mtntk full mod motor kit (Look up online for what is in that package)
-Axys front spindles, mtntk drop and roll, axys rear geometry, Walker Evans clicker shocks (supposed to handle just like an axys)
-mtntk rear tunnel cooler and blow hole
-slp intake and hps can, bikeman Y pipe

— both in clean condition, about the same price let me hear it?
How did they get the axys rear geometry? Thanks. Also did you get to ride them? Thanks

Premium Features