• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Help

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
Rode 150 in BC, new belt, never felt funny, pulled hard-

Clutching looked like this-

And yes the clutch was clean, dry, polished with a emery cloth.
Did you really log 150 miles in BC? I would have guessed about 80 miles. I cleaned mine when we got back and it looked nothing like yours.

Good luck and have fun next week. :face-icon-small-hap

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
OK, now that I got my head out of my azz I remembered why they look like this. I have a SSI clutch kit on this this and every time I would put it in reverse the back clutch would dump open and the belt would slip like a f***er.

The instruction's said to leave the white plastic ramps in the driven but I think they need to come out.

I'll be making a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the input-

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
OK, now that I got my head out of my azz I remembered why they look like this. I have a SSI clutch kit on this this and every time I would put it in reverse the back clutch would dump open and the belt would slip like a f***er.

The instruction's said to leave the white plastic ramps in the driven but I think they need to come out.

I'll be making a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the input-

Dump that clutch kit and buy a herculeas helix and a Speedwerx h5 170-250 spring. Herculeas helix has notches that lock it in low gear in reverse

Premium Features