• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
From the article you posted. Did you even read it?

“The vegetation cooling effect is large from the energy dissipation perspective, but only about 10%-20% compared to the pace of global warming. The cooling effect from greening is less significant in tropical forests with high leaf areas.

“This is a warning sign about climate change. We should be cautious that the rainforests, which are at the forefront of the fight against global warming, are reaching the limits of their capacity to absorb carbon and cool the surface.” commented Dr. Rama Nemani, from NASA’s Ames Research Center.”

And no, a single large volcano is a fart in a windstorm compared to the amount of co2 mankind produces. 7th grade science wins again…

While I was searching for the post below to quote, I stumbled upon this one above, and I find it interesting that me and Mrs. O were watching a doc series on Netflix last night about natural disasters. It was a 4 part series. The shows were maybe 1/2 hour each?

The one part of course dealt with volcano's. And the one volcano that they were spotlighting was one that was interesting, it had a live lava lake in the bottom, and apparently hasn't changed much in ... well, in our time anyhow - or I take it that way as they have built a powered cable system to let volcanologists down and back up to study it. So it has obviously been stable for quite some time. And what I found interesting is that they said that this one volcano, that is "live" but just sitting there idling, spews more gasses in the air per week (? could have said day, but I think it was "week") than the US emits in a year.

This was just this one volcano - that is basically just sitting there at a stable idle.

Funny how climate change deniers also believe that Adam and Eve were real….

How are you so sure man doesn’t influence climate? Did your pastor tell you that? Why has the CO2 concentration gone up so much since 1850? What did man start burning a ****load of right around then? What do global temperatures do when CO2 concentration goes up?

Since you’re so smart, why are we seeing such massive glacial recession on the BC coast? Major terrain features are gone in the last 20 years. Things that took thousands of years to form…

When I saw this video linked below, I remembered you mentioning about the glaciers near you that you are witnessing retreating, and when doo we think they formed?
One thing that you (we all) should find interesting about Tony Heller is that he claims to have been a Global Warming believer in the beginning, and he tells his story about his change.
I just seen that video recently, although I think that it was an older video. That info is likely found on his website tho.

Also, this one is very beneficial as well as it shows how the cloud formations actually help to regulate how much sun actually hits the surface of the Earth, and how much gets reflected.

Last edited:

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
This 7-year-old thread clearly shows most sled owners are not-so-well educated on climate science, and not-so-accepting of science in general, and nor do they need to be! To each his own! Carry on!

The major impact of climate change for me is positive: Glad I'm living among Mountains, and not on the beach in Miami. We are likely to get more annual snow fall from global warming, which will be good for our weekend sledding adventures. While Miami during the next century is likely to get several feet of additional sea water, directly into multi-million dollar, beach-front living rooms, owned by know-it-all, climate-denying (or climate-ignorant) rich folks. There will be winners and losers.

The graph below shows the Gigatons of melt water (billions of tons) coming from the Greenland ice cap every year, which used to be offset by annual snowfall. Glaciers are obviously receding, as photos from around the world prove. In three decades from 1994 to 2024, the entire planet lost 28,000 Gigatons of land-bound glacial ice, including where I live. We all know where water goes. For those who remain scientifically open-minded it remains true, water does run down-hill. So, no sea water for my living room.

For the decade from 2013–2022, on average sea level rose 4.62 mm per yr. Since 1993, thermal expansion of water accounted for 42% of sea level rise. While melting glaciers accounted for 21%; with Greenland accounting for 15% and Antarctica 8%. As a result, U.S. coastline sea level rose 10 - 12 inches over the past 100 years (1920 - 2020). The exact sea level rise varies regionally, because of changing land height (plate tectonics) and small differences in ocean level (due to ocean currents, trade winds, orbit-wobble).

Carry on! Enjoy your sledding!

1703865965263.png

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Poppycock!

"In 1989, for instance, the director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program warned that rising sea levels would cause entire nations to disappear if the global-warming trend were not reversed by the year 2000."

"In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first predicted that changes in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect. In 1938, Guy Callendar connected carbon dioxide increases in Earth's atmosphere to global warming."

"As far back as ancient Greece (1200 B.C. to A.D. 323), people debated whether draining swamps or cutting down forests might bring more or less rainfall to the region"

Long live the BullCrap I guess is the takeaway from all of this nonsense!
Man is so miniscule, yet arrogant enough to actually believe they can alter the climate.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
For you Paul27, Thier doing their best to fix it.

They tell us but we just don't listen.

In fluent English below.

When they piss off the planet it will have the last say and after that the rats will crawl out of the bunkers.

Keep believing what they tell you because you are the problem not the ones creating it.

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
Poppycock!

"In 1989, for instance, the director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program warned that rising sea levels would cause entire nations to disappear if the global-warming trend were not reversed by the year 2000."

"In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first predicted that changes in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect. In 1938, Guy Callendar connected carbon dioxide increases in Earth's atmosphere to global warming."

"As far back as ancient Greece (1200 B.C. to A.D. 323), people debated whether draining swamps or cutting down forests might bring more or less rainfall to the region"

Long live the BullCrap I guess is the takeaway from all of this nonsense!
Man is so miniscule, yet arrogant enough to actually believe they can alter the climate.

So Mafesto, how do you explain double the CO2 in our atmosphere? Bad instruments?

And how do you explain global temperature going up by 2 degrees F, to date? Is that a thermometer conspiracy?

And how do you explain sea level going up by one foot? A "mean" Mother Nature? The Boogy Man? Bad tape measures? A vast world-wide conspiracy to measure incorrectly? And why would scientists, all over the world, do that for 130 years?

You posted scientific studies going back to 1896 which correctly predict exactly what is happening. Why is that "Poppycock"? Are you troubled by reality? Your posted reality! And why do you think you are so "Minuscule"? Is it because you actually are "Arrogant", as you claim for all mankind?

Looking forward to a long, stupid and entertaining response, full of uneducated opinions, and BS. Thanks!

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
FYI - Man (and really - prolly all life in general) thrives with more CO2 and warmer temps.
This is NOT a bad thing!

Plants grow better with more CO2 and warmer temps.

In Earth's atmosphere, carbon dioxide is a trace gas that plays an integral part in the greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, photosynthesis and oceanic carbon cycle. It is one of several greenhouse gases in the atmosphere of Earth. The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is 421 ppm as of May 2022 (0.04%).[3] This is an increase of 50% since the start of the Industrial Revolution, up from 280 ppm during the 10,000 years prior to the mid-18th century.[4][3][5] The increase is due to human activity.[6] Burning fossil fuels is the main cause of these increased CO2 concentrations and also the main cause of climate change.[7] Other large anthropogenic sources include cement production, deforestation, and biomass burning.

It is up 50% to a whopping .04% now.
That is 4/100ths of a 100th.
It's a made up concern.

Premium Features