• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
How can we make the lemmings of the world understand that man does not influence the climate? My God, we're throwing billions away in the name of climate change. That's billions that we do not have so they are stealing it from future generations.

J
Jan 15, 2010
How can we make the lemmings of the world understand that man does not influence the climate? My God, we're throwing billions away in the name of climate change. That's billions that we do not have so they are stealing it from future generations.
Funny how climate change deniers also believe that Adam and Eve were real….

How are you so sure man doesn’t influence climate? Did your pastor tell you that? Why has the CO2 concentration gone up so much since 1850? What did man start burning a ****load of right around then? What do global temperatures do when CO2 concentration goes up?

Since you’re so smart, why are we seeing such massive glacial recession on the BC coast? Major terrain features are gone in the last 20 years. Things that took thousands of years to form…

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Answer this Kirk, of course you won't because you refuse to read anything that doesn't suite the agenda.

Here it is.

Will you deny that It takes on the average of 27 tons of rare, not the cheap ****, earth metals to build an all electric vehicle ?

Next question

How does that have anything to do saving the planet ?

I really would like to hear the logic.

This one's on me so you don't need to reply.

Have you ever thought about how many rivers there are on this planet dumping millions, billions, trillions, gazillions of gallons of water daily into the ocean since the beginning yet mother nature appears to be handling that quite well?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

How are you so sure man doesn’t influence climate? Did your pastor tell you that? Why has the CO2 concentration gone up so much since 1850? What did man start burning a ****load of right around then? What do global temperatures do when CO2 concentration goes up?

Since you’re so smart, why are we seeing such massive glacial recession on the BC coast? Major terrain features are gone in the last 20 years. Things that took thousands of years to form…

It's so cute when extremists ignore statistics that do not prop up their false narrative.
During this same timeframe glaciers also had periods of expansions, but that doesn't aid you in your deception.
If you are content with being wrong, I am ok with that, but the problem is that people read a deceptive post like yours and form their opinion from those lies.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com

Hey, they may not be your kin, but those are my Grandparents.
Please be nice. It wasn't necessary to drag them into this mess....

Besides, there's been a whole lot more water over the dam since their time 7000 yrs ago, to even consider this as an issue...

Last edited:
J
Jan 15, 2010
It's so cute when extremists ignore statistics that do not prop up their false narrative.
During this same timeframe glaciers also had periods of expansions, but that doesn't aid you in your deception.
If you are content with being wrong, I am ok with that, but the problem is that people read a deceptive post like yours and form their opinion from those lies.
Yeah, ok…. So again, why are CO2 levels more than doubled since 1850? What is the obvious cause of them going up? What do elevated CO2 levels in the atmosphere do to the AVERAGE temperature of the globe?

I know grade 7 science is hard but you can do it…

J
Jan 15, 2010
Answer this Kirk, of course you won't because you refuse to read anything that doesn't suite the agenda.

Here it is.

Will you deny that It takes on the average of 27 tons of rare, not the cheap ****, earth metals to build an all electric vehicle ?

Next question

How does that have anything to do saving the planet ?

I really would like to hear the logic.

This one's on me so you don't need to reply.

Have you ever thought about how many rivers there are on this planet dumping millions, billions, trillions, gazillions of gallons of water daily into the ocean since the beginning yet mother nature appears to be handling that quite well?
Who said anything about electric cars? Recognizing the issue is a whole lot different than latching onto that as the be all end all solution…. Personally I think teslas with 600 mile range batteries are stupid. Unless you want to drive 590 miles at a stretch. Give me a plug in hybrid that will go 60-80 miles on a charge with a gas engine backup for longer trips and I’d burn 90% less overall. And I could charge it with a 20a plug. There’s a whole lot more ways to reduce sensibly (efficient buildings?) than buying stupid over priced teslas with 5x the battery capacity and associated waste than anyone needs.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Who was measuring CO2/atmoshpere in 1850?
How accurate were their instruments?

At .04% currently, that seems to be a pretty accurate machine / process for 1850 eh?

Ice core samples? Sorry, that might have been covered in grade 8 science, right along with evolution…

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
You're never gunna convince me of much with ice cores, especially with the ability to put a timeline on them.

I will always resort to the Lost Squadron of Greenland during The War.
While you were in 8th grade, I was following this story as it was unfolding - with much interest.

They knew where they parked'm.
They new when they parked'm.
There had been much science surrounding the ice caps in the following years.
(I am talking "live" "witnessed" science)

The fleet was 2wiced as deep and had moved 2wiced as far as the scientifically observed numbers calculated to.

If they are off 50% (100% - depending on how you spin it) in 40 years that they were actually witnessing, then what happened somewhere 100, 1000, millions and millions of years ago holds very low witness in my world.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Yeah, ok…. So again, why are CO2 levels more than doubled since 1850? What is the obvious cause of them going up? What do elevated CO2 levels in the atmosphere do to the AVERAGE temperature of the globe?

Must be all those jets flying to global warming/climate changing parties.

Want to invest is something green how about all those millions of acres that burned up last year ? Or did God start all those fires.

Your way of thinking has that completely blocked from not only reusing what's left and replenishing the garden.

Those same ares where the wildlife wasn't killed dies off for multiple reasons.

Everything about the left wing save the planet is killing the planet.

Can't you see that ?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio

Just so that you realize that the Global Whining Science is a religion as well.
And you are just exchanging ours for yours.
Ours doesn't change with the times.
Yours is constantly changing.
And many times it concurs with our history.

I'm sure there is still 1007 years min of habitation on this green earth yet.
No worries.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

You are referring to data which is interpreted by left leaning self proclaimed experts with a pre-determined agenda, so at least try to keep a certain level of objectivity.
My God, reasoning with you is harder than trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio

One more reply to this post:

This just came in my mail:

I have the box set.... I personally don't get a whole lot out of the 2nd and especially the third box's of the set, but I found the first one (Rocks and Fossils) to be extremely valuable.
If you are in any way open to opposing evidence, or the understanding as to how someone gets a different read from the same evidence, I would ask that you take a chance and buy the one box.
I know that it is available on it's own, as I have bought a three pack of them a while back to hand out. I think that there is 3 disks in there, and I think maybe up to 16 hours of video in this one (Rocks and Fossils) set. I think that it is a super interesting vid - if you are actually interested in the evidenciary science of it.

Here is just the one:

Last edited:
J
Jan 15, 2010
You are referring to data which is interpreted by left leaning self proclaimed experts with a pre-determined agenda, so at least try to keep a certain level of objectivity.
My God, reasoning with you is harder than trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.
The funny part is that I’m asking you to look at the information at hand and draw conclusion, and you are just blinded by your own predetermined opinion because the result is not that pleasant. Think about it, CO2 levels are up. You can look at the data however you want, and if you don’t believe the very obvious ice core data then just look at the last 50 years or so. There are plenty of scientists from all over the world that would not be able to deny that CO2 levels have risen very rapidly since 1850 or so. What caused that? What has a whole lot of been burned since then that held a **** ton of carbon that had been sequestered from the atmosphere for millennia? Hmmm…. Don’t need a left leaning scientist to tell me how to put 2 and 2 together on that one.

Sure, it sucks. The solutions on the table are not all that great-yet. The overall implications of the issue are also hard to predict. But to deny that man has the power to influence climate is to be willfully ignorant.

J
Jan 15, 2010
One more reply to this post:

This just came in my mail:

I have the box set.... I personally don't get a whole lot out of the 2nd and especially the third box's of the set, but I found the first one (Rocks and Fossils) to be extremely valuable.
If you are in any way open to opposing evidence, or the understanding as to how someone gets a different read from the same evidence, I would ask that you take a chance and buy the one box.
I know that it is available on it's own, as I have bought a three pack of them a while back to hand out. I think that there is 3 disks in there, and I think maybe up to 16 hours of video in this one (Rocks and Fossils) set. I think that it is a super interesting vid - if you are actually interested in the evidenciary science of it.

Here is just the one:

Talk about a predetermined agenda…. That’s funded by Christian organizations promoting their belief system. They don’t even try to hide that. They just want your money.

Premium Features