• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Center port Power Claw

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Powerclaw

I think it should work great, especially in blower powder where the 3" shines. I personally run a 153 x 2.6 PC on a 2013 Carl's Cycle Pro RMK660 with Avid drivers, cut rails, and an anti-stab kit. Works better then the 2.5 CE I had on the sled previously for the snow we have up here in BC where I ride, hooks up better then the 163 2.6 on my buddies Axys. You can feel the track working beneath you, just keeps going, and going...

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Trs
Is there room to run 8 tooth 3" drivers on the axys? Combined with lower gearing would be the best.
I'm not a fan of 7 tooths unless they are 3.5 pitch, but was the cheapest way to get the 3" on my pro.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
There isn’t enough room to run 8 tooth drivers.

No reviews, lost another engine the day I took it to the hill. It’ll be back Wednesday. Our snow is setup. Concrete right now.

7D1B92CF-B20D-4F07-8D33-BA9A12DA1DF6.jpg

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I have ran all 3 lug heights of the PC on my 11 pro over the last few years, the 3" works the best (not a big surprise). They all worked better than the polaris 2.4, i have never had the chance to compare to the 2.6 or 3 yet.

The downside to the PC track is it sucks on ice (like most tall lug tracks)! I have been on some icy trails and can barely move at times unless you keep your momentum up.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I Put a 3” PC 162on my 17’ axys sidekick mid season. It’s is a very aggressive track I’d say. Digs very hard, where it seems like the Polaris 2.6 just spins on the surface. Used the stock drivers. If I keep the sled next year I’ll use avid extroverts as the track still will ratchet under very hard loads, under extreme conditions. I doubt it would ratchet with a normally aspirated sled.
It’ll be interesting if/whatvyou change TRS in your clutching with the PC 3”.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Power Claw gets 5 stars.
The sled revs fast with this track. I had to adjust clutching to load it more.

Tony- so the pumpkin lost the new motor??:face-icon-small-fro

Back to the P/C track- I have a 3" laying around- and since I had already did a upgrade to the stock OD system to the TKI system when sled was new- hmmmm now thinking of stuffing one in the 16 Axys on the Kmod skid- but yea- the 3" won't fit with 8 tooth- so looking for options... ( pretty close with my 8 tooth and the 2.6)-and yep clutching will have to be addressed... but may hold off for a summer project- Snow here is still good- and sled is running pretty strong as is..

BTW- you should have got some new snow Sunday?? We did.. :)

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony- so the pumpkin lost the new motor??:face-icon-small-fro

Back to the P/C track- I have a 3" laying around- and since I had already did a upgrade to the stock OD system to the TKI system when sled was new- hmmmm now thinking of stuffing one in the 16 Axys on the Kmod skid- but yea- the 3" won't fit with 8 tooth- so looking for options... ( pretty close with my 8 tooth and the 2.6)-and yep clutching will have to be addressed... but may hold off for a summer project- Snow here is still good- and sled is running pretty strong as is..

BTW- you should have got some new snow Sunday?? We did.. :)

Joe,
Yes, I’m on engine number 3. Locating pins keep migrating. Justin lost his last weekend also.
We had new snow today, nearly a foot and a Blue bird day.
As of today I’ve logged 3550.1 miles this season. It’s been an awesome season.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Joe,
Yes, I’m on engine number 3. Locating pins keep migrating. Justin lost his last weekend also.
We had new snow today, nearly a foot and a Blue bird day.
As of today I’ve logged 3550.1 miles this season. It’s been an awesome season.

One engine every 1,000 miles. Seems about right?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Hows the pucker factor coming down a steep hill or shute with that track when its not bumper deep?

So far not a problem. Haven't been on solid snow with it yet. The Polaris 3" is a handful on steep descents when its setup. May have to start carrying ski brakes again?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Trs can you please explain your theory on powerclaw track why it works so well. I have had one of the power claws on a sled with and other sled same other than track change it has a 3x camoplast and the claw puts the hurt on it every time. Maybe camoplast rep could shine some light on this also.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
TRS;4146036 May have to start carrying ski brakes again?[/QUOTE said:
I carry mine all the time. Seen too many sleds get wrecked getting out of control coming down.

picture.php

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Why don't you guys just throw the sled into a sidehill and ride the spindle down when it is greasy?

Were clearly not talking about the same conditions or situations. lol
There are many times that some of the stuff were coming down is 1000-2000ft long, and there might be rocks just a few feet on either side of you. There isnt any cool or trick stuff happening here, at best you can scrub the track side to side.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
reverse also works very well on an oh $hit downhill, just lock track up first.

Reverse is great when you can use it, but it takes the right situation where you can be off the brake, apply reverse, and then still be able to turn and get the sled rolling down hill. The axys will not allow reverse to engage if your holding the brake on.

Premium Features