• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cell phones Cooke City

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
it has been about 4 years since i have been to Cooke.. did they ever put a tower up ? know there was talk of it . just need to make a couple of business calls after i get out there ,, Thanks for any info

kbroderick

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2017
it has been about 4 years since i have been to Cooke.. did they ever put a tower up ? know there was talk of it . just need to make a couple of business calls after i get out there ,, Thanks for any info

Nearest place for reliable AT&T service is up by Clay Butte and Top of the World, no idea what tower that's hitting, though. No idea about Verizon.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I have verizon. As of last February, they have zero reception in or around cooke. But once you get to town i have been able to make whatever calls/text i need via wifi

KBP

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
Pipestone
I'm AT&T also, just as kbroderick said you can find service by the fire lookout at Top of The World or using Wi-Fi at your lodge in town. I-phone to I-phone you can Face Time.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
this is how you survive in Cooke...

free-wifi-sticker_400x300.jpg

T

T Cat

Dec 27, 2007
Phone callin cooke

With a iPhone you can FaceTime a call to another iPhone or with any phone you could Snapchat voice call if that Helps you.

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Use Wi-Fi, I did this in Mexico 2 years ago. No out of country data charges. It was suppose to be vacation , but when truck sales are slow it is nice to stay in touch and keep potential sales going.
I have always had service once up by lulu.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
If you have any phone made in the last 5 years you should have an option to turn on WIFI calling which will let you make calls and text just as you normally would but instead of needing a cellular network you just need any WIFI network that you can log into.

This also works on Ipads as that is what the wife and I use when traveling outside of the US. But we also just leave that option on here at home also as the calls are clearer on the home WIFI then the Cellular network.

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
That, and loved ones at home like to know everyone in the group is safe each night.

Ever heard of email? If the wife needs me for an emergency. She knows where I'm staying and what room. She can call me if need be. She knows what area i will be riding and when i get back via email. People are so attached to there phones these days it makes me sick.

Last edited:

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
i have Us Cellular i guess it is what it is the young bucks in the group will probably be able to hook me up Thanks all

Premium Features