• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat guy seriously considering and 07 Dragon?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I am taking it for a spin on Monday and I have to tell ya I am pretty excited about it! I'll make sure to post back what I think.. I have to say that I have been a cat guy all my life and I feel like I am meeting a hooker behind my wife's back.

In the mean time if anyone else has any input just let me know!
Doug

Wait til next time I see Dawn! :D

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Uh oh, lol. You'll fall in love all over again once you get used to the Raw chassis, it just handles great in the powder.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Hey Doug, why didnt you ask to ride mine. I would have let you. Are you goin with us sunday, you can ride it then if you want.

I have about 970 miles on mine, and you seen how i ride LOL. Clutch heat is the only problem. BUt that can be fix with a dialed in clutch.

The mods I have done:

1. 5.25 riser from a 08 800 dragon (40)
2. XXXmodrod side vents (80)
3. 19/42 gears (130)
4. vortech rack (100)
5. SLP replacement dash vents (48)
6. SLP air horn (?)
7. HPS can (150) thanks to DougDanger :D
8. Powermadd hand guards (75)
9. Polaris tunnel bag (40)

If I had to do it again, I would buy everyone of these again, except for the air horn lol

Oh I do have nitrous. I am not sure if I would do that again lol

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Hey Doug, why didnt you ask to ride mine. I would have let you. Are you goin with us sunday, you can ride it then if you want.

I have about 970 miles on mine, and you seen how i ride LOL. Clutch heat is the only problem. BUt that can be fix with a dialed in clutch.

The mods I have done:

1. 5.25 riser from a 08 800 dragon (40)
2. XXXmodrod side vents (80)
3. 19/42 gears (130)
4. vortech rack (100)
5. SLP replacement dash vents (48)
6. SLP air horn (?)
7. HPS can (150) thanks to DougDanger :D
8. Powermadd hand guards (75)
9. Polaris tunnel bag (40)

If I had to do it again, I would buy everyone of these again, except for the air horn lol

Oh I do have nitrous. I am not sure if I would do that again lol

Can't go on Sunday.. was just told I have to puppy sit again. This is getting pretty old.. :( Nothing like baby sitting the Anti-Christ :face-icon-small-con while everyone is out riding.

Seems like the 19/42 gears are a big deal.. a lot of people installed them.

If I do decide to pick this sled up someone is going to have to take me under their Polaris wing because I don't know anything about them.. Nada, nothing.

Oh, on that nitrous.. after the Placer ride and considering the tank was empty before we even made it to the play ground may I suggest you get a much bigger tank :D

Last edited:
A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Can't go on Sunday.. was just told I have to F%^king puppy sit again. This is getting pretty old.. :( Nothing like baby sitting the Anti-Christ :face-icon-small-con while everyone is out riding.

Seems like the 19/42 gears are a big deal.. a lot of people installed them.

If I do decide to pick this sled up someone is going to have to take me under their Polaris wing because I don't know anything about them.. Nada, nothing.

Oh, on that nitrous.. after the Placer ride and considering the tank was empty before we even made it to the play ground may I suggest you get a much bigger tank :D

Dude, you have to pawn that dog off on someone else on sunday lol, not much riding time left.

I am really glad i did the gears. well worth the money, very install.

Tim, Mike, Doug, and Ryan I am sure will take you under their wing. They know quite abit abour polaris. I dont know if you knew this, but I also came off of a cat. I havent owned anything but Cat till I got this dragon. You will not regret it.

I thought about getting a bigger bottle, but if I keep this kit. I may look into a second bottle. I am hoping to get this thing tuned in.

C
Jan 23, 2009
st james mn
I had a 07 d7 and loved it. Had no problems with it at all. I bought a new 09 700 rmk and like the shocks alot better on my 09. The w.e. just faded away to much for my liking.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
What's up with everyone and the WE shocks? They are adjustable right? So, can't you just turn up or down depending on the riding conditions just like the Fox shocks? I see a lot of negative comments on them.. are they to soft even when set high?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Doug, the only adjustment on the WE airs is to pull them off and have the dealer adjust pressure, vavle stack and oil weight..no on trail adjustment

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Doug, the only adjustment on the WE airs is to pull them off and have the dealer adjust pressure, vavle stack and oil weight..no on trail adjustment

Humm, the 07 must have different shocks than Race's sled. I was looking at his on Monday and his look like the Fox clickers.. His is an 09 though so that probably explains it..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Humm, the 07 must have different shocks than Race's sled. I was looking at his on Monday and his look like the Fox clickers.. His is an 09 though so that probably explains it..

his has different shocks cause it is an assault..its made for free riding vrs powder..the rmk's are powder sleds so they get as light a shock as polaris could put on them..the WE's are ok if you raise the pressures some..I wnt with the new float -2's to gain on trail adjustments and I think in cold weather they will be more reliable...

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
his has different shocks cause it is an assault..its made for free riding vrs powder..the rmk's are powder sleds so they get as light a shock as polaris could put on them..the WE's are ok if you raise the pressures some..I wnt with the new float -2's to gain on trail adjustments and I think in cold weather they will be more reliable...

Gotcha!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
by the way doug..you need to find a puppy sitter(tims dogs will babyset I am sure) you need to go on sunday....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Varmit, you know you have many Polaris freinds that will help you out. More help than when that kitty is in my garage! Too bad you can't make it Sunday. Should be a fun day and the weather man is calling for SUNSHINE. Better yet, it is snowing here now!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Doug,
You seen me ride my wife's M8...It is a great sled, but I like my 07 D7 better. Just a great all around sled. And yes, if you get one we will hook you up with clutching.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, I have tried reading all the posts you guys made and the pm's you sent about dumping the puppy sitting and going riding to the wife. I was hoping to get some sympathy and a little wavering support to ride and let the puppy, who we will call the anti-christ from this point forward, home alone.

All I get is a laugh and comments about how nice it is to have friends that want you to ride with them and it's really a shame you have to puppy sit the anti-christ. :( She didn't even budge a little bit.. not even a tiny bit..

This is the stake in the heart comment.. "you really made a lot of friends up here to ride with." Ah.. yeah honey.. please please let me ride. Nope, nada, nothing..

I even tried the "it's the end of the season and I don't have much riding time" nothing.. :(

Maybe someone could help me out and call her and tell her I have to come along since I have a cat and need to tow out broken down Poo's.. :D

Just one warning.. if you look out your window and your street is on fire, people are screaming and running and you see the ground open up she got off her leash and is in your neighborhood.. There is nothing anyone can do for you..

hatchersdogs029.jpg

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Doug,
You seen me ride my wife's M8...It is a great sled, but I like my 07 D7 better. Just a great all around sled. And yes, if you get one we will hook you up with clutching.

I thought about that the other day.. There are a couple of sleds I rode with that seemed like they had been dialed in so that should save me a couple of bucks as far as not having to experiment as much. My goal is to get it running like Race's sled. We were in the powder at Placer and he not once trenched coming out of the hole.. well, once that I saw. aksnowrider has an awesome setup as well. dougdanger was working on his track and he spent so much time on Mount Olympus I can't really tell how his clutching was setup.. All I ever saw was him waaaayyyy up on top somewhere stuck. I need binoculars to see him..

Last edited:
Premium Features