• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carb Vent Hoses to Air Box

K
Sep 28, 2010
Hi.I Have a 02 xcsp 700 and the wife has a 01 supersport.I noticed that the airbox has 3 spots for a hose to hook to_On the supersport they are hooked to the mag side and the middle and on the 700 the are hooked to the middles and the clutch side.Any input would be greatly appreciated on where they should be hooked to and what the 3rd one does.Thanks

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Vent Lines

I'm not sure what you mean by three.

My Mikuni rack carbs have two vent hoses, one per carb and they attach to the air box, kind of symmetrical to the inlet of the carbs. I have a 2002 500, 2003 800, and 2004 800 and they are all the same.

My 550 SS isn't the rack style but each carb has a vent hose and they also attach to the air box symerical to the inlet of the carbs. It's a 2002 so it has that ugly air box/oil tank.

K
Sep 28, 2010
There are 3 spots where a hose could hook to the air box but there are only 2 hoses,1 from each carb.I wasn't sure which spot they should be hooked to as they are in different spots on each sled.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Really doesn't matter on either sled as long as they are hooked up to the airbox. I usually just install each hose right above each carb unless I break one of those inlets which has happened before. 3 inlets for carb hoses means Polaris had plans to install triple engines in the Edge chassis, and guys have done it.

Premium Features