• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't find the trailer that meets all your needs?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
What's pulling this trailer of your's ?

DCFN0009-3.jpg

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Yammy1320

On pictures of the furnace install, you show the intake and exhaust ports coming out quite low and centered in the front of the trailer. Have you had problems ingesting road debris (sand, gravel, snow, crud) into these ports during towing?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Yammy1320

On pictures of the furnace install, you show the intake and exhaust ports coming out quite low and centered in the front of the trailer. Have you had problems ingesting road debris (sand, gravel, snow, crud) into these ports during towing?

Because it is near the middle of the trailer it doesn't get that much debris flung at it, but it was something I was concerned of from the beginning. I would have preferred to have mounted the furnace elsewhere but after exhausting all options realized it had to go where it is. Even mounting it there required some fab work on the ducting, outlet, etc.
I have actually tried many different "crap deflectors" mounted to the inlet/exhaust plate, but they all caused the furnace to blow out. In the end I wound up merely covering the vent with a piece of steel screen and that has been pretty much flawless..... I can take a pic when I get back from my vacation and post it here. :)

Premium Features