• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can choices? whats the best can and how loud are they?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yup, I ride with a friend on an Etec with the ggb mountain can and i hate it. I have never heard the trail can though. I will stick with my diamond s Ti quiet can.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
One of the other etecs i ride with runs a carbon can (not sure the manufacturer but they all look the same) and it is stupid loud too.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I got looking on hear a little more. Sounds like they are loud and the packing burns out quick also some complain of loss of hp or a bog due to less back pressure.

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
I'm running a Carbon Can and it sounds like a sewing machine until your WOT, then it's Loud...I am also looking for another one..quieter, but a little more rumble at idle.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
GGB Mountain / Trail Cans Testing

Real world riding/ Testing this past Wednesday Dec 31 2014
<O:p</O:p
Had a 2014 Pro 800/ 2014 Pro 600 and a 2014 Arctic Pro Climb M8000.<O:p</O:p
The 800 Pro and the 600 Pro have the same tone when I switched from Mountain to Trail Cans- Videos are on the 800 to not bore you with the same tone the 600 expells
On the 800 Arctic M8000 we taped the Mountain Can - as it was the one of choice. <O:p</O:p
I wanted to post here the sound difference between these two great cans-
Both fit excellant and save up to 7 lbs with the Mountan Can and 5 lbs with the trail can.on the Polaris and a wopping 16 lbs on the Arctic Pro Climb M8000 using the mountain can
The Mountain is trully a Mountain can vey managable tone down the trail. as it won't get your attention till power valves open- not overly loud and not tinny tone at all as you will see in the video.

Trail Can is smooth tone- deeper than stock and is noticable when the power valves open-not as much as a bark as the mountain can but a noticable tone to let others you have something under the hood.<O:p</O:p
Very, VERY nice for the areas that have noise restriction- but for riders that want to have a better tone.
Throttle response is cleaned up with both these cans on sleds tested<O:p</O:p
Cant go wrong with eith of these 2 cans-
Welds are unsurpassed- fit is excellant and- and getting to the QD belt is easy on the Polaris equipped sleds
<O:pFirst Video Mountain Can on 2014 Pro 800 163
</O:p
<O:pSecond Video Mountain Can on 2014 Pro Climb Arctic Cat M8000 162</O:p

Third video Trail Can on 2014 Pro 800 163 ( haveing issues downloading will re post ASAP)

Enjoy<O:p</O:p
S/C<O:p</O:p
</O:p
<O:phttp://vid1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/Sagecrusher/GGB%20Mountain%20Can%202014%20Stock%20Pro%20RMK_zpsysrrsjnw.mp4</O:p>
<O:phttp://vid1117.photobucket.com/albu...ountain Can 2014 Stock M 8000_zps4duxl8me.mp4</O:p><O:p</O:p

Last edited:
W
Feb 27, 2010
I've ran a Carbon Sled Parts (CSP) can on my 2010 Doo 800 (non etec) for 4 years. Had 3700 miles on it before I traded it in for my 2015 Pro. It is sorta loud and rumbly/throaty at mid and wot but not ear piercing. I was told by CSP that Doo had a stinger in their pipe which helped keep it quieter. Never noticed loss of power, a bog or the need to repack it the whole time I used it. I was very pleased with it. So much so that I now have a new CSP can on my 15 Poo, but have not ridden with it on yet. However, I did run it on the stand a couple times and it sounds good. I was told by CSP it would be louder than the Doo because Poo does not have a stinger in their pipe. Not going to lie, it does sound louder than the Doo one. The can itself is made by Starting Line Products and the carbon part of the can is made by CSP. I was going for weight savings and I just can't justify the cost of the Diamons S when the CSP can is very close in weight and $150 or so less. Hope this helps...

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
nice

That trail can sounds good..... I went with the Super Q on my 15 PRO. I am really liking it so far, great low and mid tone, good ear HP:face-icon-small-win, but it may turn out to be just a touch too loud at WOT.:face-icon-small-sho I must say it's a quality piece and fit was excellent.....:becky:

My buddy liked it so much, he wants to try one on his SLP pipe, anybody try pullin that off yet?

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
update on Diamond-S can

After a half dozen rides I would say that I am very pleased with the Diamond-S Quiet can on my 2015 pro
and have gotten reports back from my buddy that is running one on a 2015 SkiDoo 800 that works and sounds great as well

Jan 22, 2014
Sask. Canada
Tried out the GGB mountain can on my '14 SBA 600 briefly this afternoon. Definitely noticed more rumble at idle. If your riding and just working up to speed, it is a nice throaty sound. Once out into an open field I started opening up the throttle. Sound increases some but it never really gets "loud" until your really mashing the throttle. I am happy with it so far as I'm not a high speed, throttle always to the bar kind of rider.

I found this video to be helpful and accurate to what my sled sounds like.

http://youtu.be/ORWH0WvneWk

Premium Features