• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TX300 Build

C
Nov 22, 2017
Colorado
Hi guys! I've never ridden a snow-bike before let alone try to build on. So that is what I'm doing. Below is what has been done to the bike, and what equipment I have already got. What else is necessary for correct temperatures, reliability, etc? I'll list what I think I know I need. Also, I know nothing about most of these snow-bike specific products so by all means push your favorite brands on me. Also I would like to be able to go back to dirt in the summer so any tips for that?
2019 TX 300
Slavens HV mule 38mm Lectron
Slavens S3 High Comp Head (High Altitude insert)
Scalvini pipe
2019 ARO 120 LE
TSS Kit
Trio Front Fork/Mount
I ordered a thermobob with the 149 degree thermostat.
Engine Jacket?
Carb Heater? Avid - what temp thermostat? How does it integrate with Thermobob? Hose diameter? I also can't find my Lectron intake size anywhere.
Larger Pegs?
Gas Rack?
Radiator Guards or a way to adjust/block them off?
Skid Plate?

Thanks
-Justin
Temp gauge?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Check out pst carb heaters easier to take off for the switchback...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Looks like you got most of the good stuff. Skip the head unless you want to run better fuel. Lectrons are great.

Need to figure out your intake. Make sure it’s open underneith to let snow fall out.

Snowbikes, esp two strokes, take some sorting out and basic fabrication skills.

You’ll find out about a mile from the truck that the 300’s have no problem staying warm. T stats are good when it’s really deep

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Definitely add the head. The stock compression is really low. I like 300 SX ignition as well.

PST carb heater is the way to go

Pro Circuit pipe works well but haven't tried the Scalvini

C
Nov 22, 2017
Colorado
Thanks guys. I am going to go with the PST carb heater, intake, jacket. Any recommendation on suspension setup? I am not going to have it re-valved because I bought the Trio. The TX has air suspension; what should I run them at?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
With the trio I think you are good... but I don't personally have experience with the trio because all my bikes are winter only...

C
Nov 22, 2017
Colorado
I am very excited but this project took me by surprise and added up pretty quickly. Here my final build list and what it cost me in case anyone else it trying to estimate. I'm for the most part stock on my sleds but I feel the Timbersled is something that you need to spend the extra money for reliability. This is my total OTD with tax included.

Summer + Winter Parts:
2019 TX300 - Slavens Mule S3 High Comp Head (AAA), Slavens HV Mule Lectron, SX SDI, Scalvini Pipe and Guard, Trail Tech Fan, Skid Plate $1709 (Everything here could summer upgrades also, so this number might be skewed)

Winter Parts:
2019 Timbersled ARO 120 LE, TSS, TRIO $6800 out the door
PST Carb Heater, PST Carb Jacket, PST Temp gauge, PST Velocity Intake $414
Thermo-bob $149
Polaris Pivot Dolly $393
AMPS Cradle and RAM mount for GPS $72
SnopaX $149
Oversized foot pegs, Thermo plumbing, hardware stuff $135

Grand Total $9821 - Not including the bike!

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Just warning you for me the carb jack on both of my bikes cause more of an issue freezing than helping... just from the engine warming and cooling... things like the choke if you left the bike on the truck all night would freeze... that's my 2 cents

Last edited:
I
Nov 29, 2007
This is good build list. I went with the RKtek head on my TE300, Avid heater and thermobob, carbon pipe guard and had a blast all last year. The 450's would out run me, but, I am pretty certain had more fun. My smoker felt so much lighter and quicker in the terrain that I like to ride in. Im a fan of my electric heated grips too, but, I am old!

Building a 19 TX for one sone, and an 18 TE for the other one. We will be brapping soon!!

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
I am very excited but this project took me by surprise and added up pretty quickly. Here my final build list and what it cost me in case anyone else it trying to estimate. I'm for the most part stock on my sleds but I feel the Timbersled is something that you need to spend the extra money for reliability. This is my total OTD with tax included.

Summer + Winter Parts:
2019 TX300 - Slavens Mule S3 High Comp Head (AAA), Slavens HV Mule Lectron, SX SDI, Scalvini Pipe and Guard, Trail Tech Fan, Skid Plate $1709 (Everything here could summer upgrades also, so this number might be skewed)

Winter Parts:
2019 Timbersled ARO 120 LE, TSS, TRIO $6800 out the door
PST Carb Heater, PST Carb Jacket, PST Temp gauge, PST Velocity Intake $414
Thermo-bob $149
Polaris Pivot Dolly $393
AMPS Cradle and RAM mount for GPS $72
SnopaX $149
Oversized foot pegs, Thermo plumbing, hardware stuff $135
Grand Total $9821 - Not including the bike!
The pst intake fits great and carb heater fit great as well. Be prepared to either remove the air box or cut it up if you want to keep you side panels. Might consider some vforce reeds as well, the stock ones had gaps from the factory on my 18. Heated bars are worth every penny too, and a seat if you dont want it to be painful haha.

Just warning you for me the carb jack on both of my bikes cause more of an issue freezing than helping... just from the engine warming and cooling... things like the choke if you left the bike on the truck all night would freeze... that's my 2 cents

This is so true my cover was basically an ice cube, you'd be better served making a jacket of some sort.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I tried the v force. they lost two. going to try once more to verify

watch how you mount the fan. seen two where they wear thru the rad and cause leaks. the plastic is actually harder than the aluminum.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I tried the v force. they lost two. going to try once more to verify

watch how you mount the fan. seen two where they wear thru the rad and cause leaks. the plastic is actually harder than the aluminum.
100 percent on this...

Premium Features