• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Parts

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
What are the main parts that you guys have broken on a trip that you needed that day to ride the next? I know A-Arms, belts, and brake levers were the biggest I thought of. What else would you guys say? Trying to make a stash of parts for trips. Thanks

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Alpha specific:

Rear arm that attaches the skid to the rail.
A variety of washers, bolts and flared bushings for the rear shocks. Most of the rail parts. Might as well buy a spare rail.

I went through 3 rails before going to a KMOD setup. Much more stout now.

Sled424

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2016
Throttle lever, brake reservoir, small pin comes in handy when you break the reverse button off can’t go wrong carrying some tie rods either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Clutch springs and maybe a whole spare primary clutch, I snapped an upper a-arm rod end after a hit, and a stator if you really want to be safe. Although I haven't heard of as many ctec stators going out as in the suzuki motors.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm usually the one to bring the spare sled, and the one time I didn't on the longest trip I went on is when I really needed it!

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Anybody ever shear the rear wheel and bracket off the rail before? Happened in our group once. Bracket came off, rear of rail stabbed the track locking it up breaking the chain and exploding the gear case.

Bring a spare sled as mentioned.

B
Mar 11, 2012
Steering post, shocks, whole front end (both sides), carry a tie rod and ball joints in my sled bag, handle bars, riser, Throttle block, plugs and a bunch of other random special nuts, bolts and parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
i carry a complete 36" front end, brake handle, primary, secondary, throttle, belts, pull handle/cord box of random bolts/nuts/washers from parted out sleds etc. its all been used at least once between myself, friends or random people that have needed parts

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have seen a lot of pull cord ropes fray and break.
The coil bracket on the mag side rubs against the rope with every pull. I file a "C" shape in the bracket to give the rope the clearance it needs.

Just a FYI ....

Premium Features