• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken E-VES Valve! Help!

B
Dec 10, 2020
Just replaced my motor. Got an INDY LONGROD. Was running so good. Then today in the deep pow it lost all power in the top end. Got it home and noticed the actuator for E-VES was stuck in one position. Got the unit out, and realized that one guillotine was broken. Snapped at the tie in between the two guillotines. Any ideas why this would happen? Is this a full replacement of the VES? Or can I get parts to rebuild?

E_VES.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just replaced my motor. Got an INDY LONGROD. Was running so good. Then today in the deep pow it lost all power in the top end. Got it home and noticed the actuator for E-VES was stuck in one position. Got the unit out, and realized that one guillotine was broken. Snapped at the tie in between the two guillotines. Any ideas why this would happen? Is this a full replacement of the VES? Or can I get parts to rebuild?

View attachment 368643

Just get the parts.
Pretty easy to find online parts fische to see available pieces

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Just get the parts.
Pretty easy to find online parts fische to see available pieces
I bought the complete 800 Axys E-VES kit a few years ago. It was like $350. I comes with everything but the actuator.

You may need to take the sled in for the dealer to do a E-VES relearn. I didn't have to, but apparently my sled is special as I have changed everything out that the service manual says an E-VES relearn is required.

B
Dec 10, 2020
Killer thanks. I hope I’m as lucky. Do you know why they break? Is it design flaw, or a symptom of something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

lymer

Apr 5, 2022
menominee, mi
I replaced a lower guillotine and found out you are supposed to use E-VES Guillotine Alignment Tool: PS-51732-A. I see now why the guillotines need to be parallel. I did the best I could without the tool. Also, is there anyone out there that thought about getting Digital Wrench at home so they can relearn the actuator (and do other things) themselves? Any thoughts?

trashed exhaust valve.jpg guillotine alignment tool.png

Last edited:
L

lymer

Apr 5, 2022
menominee, mi
Killer thanks. I hope I’m as lucky. Do you know why they break? Is it design flaw, or a symptom of something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you end up doing? Did you ever figure out why the tie bar broke? I'm fixing mine right now (see above).

C
Nov 29, 2008
I replaced a lower guillotine and found out you are supposed to use E-VES Guillotine Alignment Tool: PS-51732-A. I see now why the guillotines need to be parallel. I did the best I could without the tool. Also, is there anyone out there that thought about getting Digital Wrench at home so they can relearn the actuator (and do other things) themselves? Any thoughts?
Replace a set last year without the tool ...NP to clamp to straight edge for alignment ..no relearn on 16 axys ..ran it hard all season with no issues

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I did the same thing a couple years ago, ****** rigged my own alignment bar, made sure the guillotines went in and out without any bind and has worked well for the last two seasons. I did not perform the relearn either and the sled has worked perfectly.

Premium Features