• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted Nytro blowing belts

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Make sure you clean your clutches every 4 or 5 rides. Do not have slipping. I run the stock spring wound up to 110. I aslo run the Shockwave, make sure you have the update done on the shockwave.

MO, what's the update on the shockwave?

Nytro MTX Sweden

Premium Member
Aug 27, 2008
North of Sweden
Hey Sawyer
I posted an thread on here months ago and recieved a few good replys as I was blowing belts out of control. I have desintegrated and blown blown cords that were on the motor side also.
This is what I found worked and I recieved the advise from a few people on this site.
I have been running 15-18# in deep snow 2-3 feet coastal snow with great success.

Secondary: Cat Green @ 0-2 or 0-3 with shockwave @ 1 and 1.5 turns on shock wave. If pulling cord on motor side remove shim from the secondary.
Primary: 8bu fully loaded(aprox 58 grams)

Yes I would have never thought this set up would work but it does. I went from dalton 78grams to those 58's and it worked. Yes hard to believe.

However I do lots of tree riding and find if I'm in the deep and hard off and on the throttle I may pull a cord. I have now done 1000 miles on 2 belts. I'm very impressed with the yamaha for that kind of power.

Give it a shot , bet it will work!!!!

´If pulling cord on motor side remove shim from the secondary´.
From witch side shall I remove the shim?
If I puling cord on motor side I would like to put a shim on motor side of the secondary!

Right??

Am I wrong?

W
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, Nevada
hey wood 2 key me into the trick on the shock wave i pretty handy with an allen wrench!

Awsome, glad to hear you know your way around an allen wrench!LOL.
If the update is not done, the Shockwave can contribute to blowing belts. If you switch to a Yamaha helix and the problem goes away, find someone with a lathe and get your Shockwave working correctly. Just trying to help eliminate possible causes.

Premium Features