• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost P22 Weights

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tried out the 23 Boost. The 76g weights were too light for 6500 feet. Spinning to 8500 rom. Looks like 78g is going to be the winner. Anyone else have some experience with various weights at a similar elevation.

Also I thought I saw a post here about the different weight profiles at some point. Can someone point me in the right direction. I searched but I can’t seem to find it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you guys don't quit arguing I'm going to have to get my wife to settle this. Let me tell you, red heads are mean. My buddy told me their roots grow deeper and agitate their brain. Said it in front of his wife who is a red head.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
If you guys don't quit arguing I'm going to have to get my wife to settle this. Let me tell you, red heads are mean. My buddy told me their roots grow deeper and agitate their brain. Said it in front of his wife who is a red head.
Post pics of wife for snowest forum members perusal.

D
Nov 17, 2008
Back from my testing my 23 boost khaos 165. I had taken the stock 76 gram weights out and installed 80 gram weights with the only other change putting in a adjusting screw in the secondary to keep it from pulling the belt so tight at idle or real slow speeds. Top RPM went from 8500 plus to a more reasonable 8300. Differently seemed to pull stronger then before. Engine sounded so much better. I may in the future try 82 grams if I can find them. Also seen the fuel mileage increase as I had hoped. I would say it also helped the heating problem 5 to 10 degrees which I have no answer as to why but never the less it seem to. Also the stop helped the momentary throttle lag when getting off the throttle.

Premium Features