• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost oil pump

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Over the summer I had a leak on my shop floor. Turns out Polaris is going to replace my turbo oil pump under warranty. Im happy with that. Where I am not happy is that I am now waiting on the oil lines that go with it (apparently thats a big part of the leak) for my dealer to finish. Sounds like this is a problem other people are experiencing? My dealer cant give me any timetable on getting the parts since its coming straight from the factory. I just want my sled back. Any insight into this problem from anyone? How long might it take dealer to get parts?

I believe they have the oil pump but not the oil lines. I kinda just want them to put on new oil pump and use old oil lines until the new ones show up. Dealer doesn't want too do that because of labor time to get to oil pump if they just have to do it right in a few weeks.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I have called at least 8 dealers yesterday about this issue and most of them know nothing abut this , our 22 Boost is in the shop right now and they have ordered the single port pump that oils the Turbo as ours is leaking lots of oil while running. That single port pump # is 2522451 and as near as I can tell there is not one pump available anywhere in the US and I called Polaris customer service yesterday and they confirmed this also. My dealer/tech has not pulled the pump (one hell of a job as I can see) until the new pump arrives. Here is my thought on this issue, If you study the oiling system , There is the multiport pump on MY 22 is #1208699 and it looks like they have changed the part number in the MY 23 to # 2521841 and the parts breakdown for the MY23 shows no single port pump . I wonder if Polaris has already done a design change for the 2023 Boosts and gone to one pump since the multiport pump is a different number??? And I also wonder if that is what will come for our MY 22 Boost??
gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Ok, I have been set straight over the phone by TRS and the MY 23 also has a single port pump that sends oil to the Turbo just like the MY 22, The parts drawing is just different where is was getting the numbers 22 to 23 and the drawing for the MY 23 has a separate page tor the Turbo oil pump and system, so this the second time in my life that I was wrong and the first time "I thought I was Wrong but I was Right" Ha Ha!
gtwitch in wyoming

Gideup

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2011
Mnt Rainier, WA
My ’22 Boost had a big puddle under it and my son in law Boost also After summer storage. So do we have issues where we shouldn’t ride them?

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
My ’22 Boost had a big puddle under it and my son in law Boost also After summer storage. So do we have issues where we shouldn’t ride them?

If you have a big puddle of oil under your sled, yes you need to figure out where it is coming from before riding your sled

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I am still waiting on parts. Not happy that I am missing out on all of this snow in the west.

I did get an update last week that the oil lines would be shipped sometime between dec 3-12. Well that time has passed. I don't know where they are shipping from but I assume they're coming from the supplier to a Polaris warehouse where they will then be sent to my dealer. This sucks to wait and watch winter passing me by. Get your **** together Polaris.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I am still waiting on parts. Not happy that I am missing out on all of this snow in the west.

I did get an update last week that the oil lines would be shipped sometime between dec 3-12. Well that time has passed. I don't know where they are shipping from but I assume they're coming from the supplier to a Polaris warehouse where they will then be sent to my dealer. This sucks to wait and watch winter passing me by. Get your **** together Polaris.
You do know it's not winter yet? ?

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Question is, why do they have to wait for oil line? There is a lot of poly line available.
Thats what I've tried talking to my dealer about as well. I've asked for it to be put back together or take a line from something else. Or make their own damn line. It doesn't seem that hard to me. Their excuse is it's a liability to use a half ass incorrect line and the line is apparently pre bent/ formed. I just want my damn sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thats what I've tried talking to my dealer about as well. I've asked for it to be put back together or take a line from something else. Or make their own damn line. It doesn't seem that hard to me. Their excuse is it's a liability to use a half ass incorrect line and the line is apparently pre bent/ formed. I just want my damn sled.
You need a new dealer…….

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The liability is they will loose you as a customer and maybe more.
I’m really getting disappointed in customer service and relations lately.
Example: I called a reputable companies tech line the other day inquiring about one of their products. He said I should go to their web site.
Nope, that is why I called their tech line. He shouldn’t be on their payroll and I probably won’t buy there anymore. Enough said.

C
Dec 14, 2020

Wow...

I assumed it was a braided line with fittings or something special.

If they can't figure out how to make a plastic line they need to go out of business. Parts changes is all they are, not mechanics.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Not taking a side here but I can understand where PI is coming from. If untested, raw stock tube is used in place, it could potentially lead to further issues, warranty claims, and more positive press from posts of our forum experts.

Considering how many different brands of oils there are, additives, the chemical makeup, MSDS and determining if there are compatibility and reactive issues? I’ve seen plenty of issues with lubricants and incompatibility.

Better get used to it. Supply chain is worse now than any other time and getting worse. RCCA begins at an Inverted world from poor leadership and dumb people at almost all levels of business and government.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Not taking a side here but I can understand where PI is coming from. If untested, raw stock tube is used in place, it could potentially lead to further issues, warranty claims, and more positive press from posts of our forum experts.

Considering how many different brands of oils there are, additives, the chemical makeup, MSDS and determining if there are compatibility and reactive issues? I’ve seen plenty of issues with lubricants and incompatibility.

Better get used to it. Supply chain is worse now than any other time and getting worse. RCCA begins at an Inverted world from poor leadership and dumb people at almost all levels of business and government.
Just because you pm sucks, doesn't mean our president sucks. Don't be trashing on our president. He's awesome

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Dave, I understand where you are coming from. But look at the parts list, measurements are there and the 1/4” feed is just poly. Polaris sells it as bulk fuel line.
74FCB0CB-1931-4C79-B3B9-E830DE51A7BD.jpeg

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Tony, back to what you were saying about Polaris customer service, I called 800 765 2747 and got a lady that could tell me nothing except the single port pumps were on back order with a possible Feb delivery date. With that said, I was told that our dealer had received some pumps last Friday and possibly could have our sled together tomorrow. I was also told that 9 of the 22 boost sleds sold last year were leaking oil. If we get our sled this week That will be a good thing and we can go to the snow!!. I know that our sled had a leaking pump according to the tech and the line was not leaking but I was not there to look at that, but I think the dealer and this tech are top rate in this case.
gtwitch in wyomng

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I haven't heard of any Boost turbos going out, so I have to wonder if it's going to hurt anything if you keep riding a sled with a leaky pump. If you can live with oil puddles, it may not cause any other problems. The sticky part is that you're on rockier ground if you took it to your dealer, they didn't have the parts, and you keep riding despite a documented problem with the sled. For someone who hasn't contacted their dealer, you could just not notice any leaks until sleds with that issue are getting fixed, and even if it got so bad that the turbo failed due to oil starvation, I don't think they could get out of fixing it. Not sure what I'd do, but I'd definitely be tempted to keep riding as long as the oil loss wasn't extreme.

It's disappointing that there's yet another issue with Boosts here. That's on top of the pump whine and having to wait forever for your sled. Hopefully they get it together soon (Feb. is unacceptable in my book), but Polaris seems to be fighting more issues than they can handle right now (some self-created), and "we'll get to it when we get to it" isn't an appropriate response. I mean, I'd still buy a new Polaris, but I said when the Boost first came out that even with an unlimited budget, I'd stick to a NA 850 and wait and see on the Boost (I felt and/or said the same on the 9R). So far, the case for the plain 850 is only growing.

Premium Features