• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost leak.

S
Mar 29, 2016
Auburn CA.
I'm running on older silber kit. (box boost housing, oil pump.) before the ECU flash. (Dobeck AFR) Iv ridden a few other turbos and noticed that my waste gate (internal) and blow off are vary, vary quiet. I'm only running at 5lbs. and I can barely hear anything, even the turbo. It seems to be running grate. No det codes or anything. I'm also noticed that my boost gauge doesn't seem to hold a steady reading. it seems to bounce from 1-5bs. Iv T-d off the blow off valve for the boost gauge. and I'm tied into my secondary injector plate for vacuum/boost. (Both sides, PTO/MAG) and t-d from there to my blow off and boost gauge. could I be causing 'LEAK." or is all this normal. or leak some were else.

PS the exhaust on this is crazy loud. could It just be covering up the sound?

Another dumb question. Do I need a blow off? I know Boondocker's kit doesn't use one.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
In my experience the two strokes don't create enough vacuum to actuate a bov. We put a tial on a diy kit and it didn't seem to do anything.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll by pass it. What about pulling from both cylinders? Or should I try and re hose it to pull just from the pro?

we tried that as well. pressure/vacuum doesn't increase in magnitude from multiple sources - only the flow rate increases.

Premium Features