• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost belt

B
Aug 13, 2022
California
Those of you on the boost, what are the Polaris OEM belts? I’ll probably get one spare Polaris belt, but will want to switch over to Gates. Has anyone ran with Gates, is there a belt available? All this is assuming there is a belt change for the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Those of you on the boost, what are the Polaris OEM belts? I’ll probably get one spare Polaris belt, but will want to switch over to Gates. Has anyone ran with Gates, is there a belt available? All this is assuming there is a belt change for the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm right there with you. Got a boost incoming and between my 22 RZR XP Pro Ultimate and the boost at $200 a belt.... Well you know. I've got two Gates -Gforce Redline ( SKU: 50R4289) at $149 for it and direct replacement for the Polaris part#3211202. Cheapest I can find for the RMK replacement in that line is Gates G-Force Redline 45R4553 and a lot of sled places are selling it for near the cost of the Polaris Belt. I found it $129 on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B08GJ7J7LV But I have heard they simply don't last very long on the RMK boost. I'll probably still try one at that price and experience it for myself but damn. I like to keep two spares around at all times after replacing a belt and not having a backup and unable to find one on a couple of occasions. Would be nice if the RZR and the RMK used the same belt so I don't have to keep $800 for 4 belts between the two machines laying around the garage. (That beer, ammo, gas $$ could be used in better places).

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I don't have a Boost and I sell all brands including Gates which I like. But I really like what GBoost has done with their ATV line of belts. Ball ground instead of knife cut tappers, stronger cords and less heat build up. I was able to get these to last much longer on my ATV than the Polaris belt. So I started running there snowmobile belts on my sleds and I am really happy with longevity and performance. I would be willing to let you try one at cost if you want to report back.
5069fbec3a8b727d229d85d9230274df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

C
Dec 14, 2020
Seems like you can run whatever as long as the sheaves are correct.
I haven't talked to anyone with good belt life unless they had their sheaves cut exactly for that belt.

So I'd stay factory unless you have a machinist you can trust to cut the sheaves for an exact match.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The Polaris Boost seems to like the C belt(45C4553) over the R belt(45R4553).
For pricing call Dobeck Performance or TRS.

Premium Features